If you left something in a Lyft ride, we’ve made it easy to get your item back.
If you lost your phone and are unable to access your account, use our call option to connect with our lost and found team. Be sure you have access to an alternate phone number so we can reach you.
If you can’t take a call at this time but need email support, read the instructions below for rides more than 24 hours ago.
The best way to recover a lost item is directly contacting your driver.
- Open the app
- Tap your photo in the top-left corner
- Tap 'Ride history,' then select which ride you lost your item in
- Scroll to the bottom, then tap 'Find Lost Item’
- Tap ‘Call’ to give your driver a phone call (this is usually the simplest way to reach them)
- Tap ‘Send Message’ to send a text (in case the driver can’t answer a call)
Your ride receipt emails also have call and text options (look toward the bottom) up to 24 hours after rides end. We email your ride receipt after you've rated your driver. If your driver doesn't respond in 24 hours, follow the instructions below.
Heads up: In-app calls use a third-party service, which means driver and passenger personal phone numbers are hidden.
First, try texting your driver as described above.
If the driver doesn’t respond, we’re here to help! Tap ‘Contact Support’ below with the following info:
- Your first and last name
- A phone number where you can be reached
- Driver’s name
- Date and time of ride
- Pickup and dropoff locations
- Description of the lost item
- The more details you give us, the easier it'll be for us to identify the item. If you lost a phone, what model of phone was it? If you lost a purse, what brand, color, and size is it?
- Permission to pass your contact info to the driver
For urgent cases, have the above info ready and contact our lost and found team by using our call option below.
After your item is returned, a tip is a great way to thank your driver. See more on How to tip your driver.