For safety-related issues, use Lyft's Critical Response Line. For non-safety related issues or damage, see 'Non-safety incidents.'
Critical Response Line
Our Trust & Safety team is here for you 24/7. If you need to report an accident, passenger behavior that threatened your personal safety, or if you receive a regulatory citation, get fast help by going to this page and tapping the 'Call Me' button.
Non-safety incidents & damage
To report damage, tap 'Contact Support' below with the following info:
- At least 2 clear photos of the damage (see Photo tips)
- Any identifying info about the passenger (first name works best, but pick-up and drop-off locations and times are also helpful)
- Brief description of how the incident occurred
We'll assess the damage after you've submitted this. If the damage warrants a fee, we'll be in touch.
If the damage requires significant cleaning or repair and prevents you giving Lyft rides, wait until your car is up to speed before driving.
Check your car regularly after a ride is completed to check for passenger damage. If you find passenger damage, remember these tips:
- Take a photo with your phone to record the time and date of the incident
- Turn on the car's interior light to make sure pictures are clear
- Use your phone's flash when taking pictures
Note: Lyft determines the damage fee amount, which is meant to help drivers repair, remediate, or clean affected areas of their vehicle only. We handle damage reports on a case-by-case basis. Damage fees come entirely from passengers.