There are two types of notifications you may receive from Lyft, which you have the option to receive via text message or push notification (a pop-up on your mobile device):
- Account and trip updates give you important updates about your ride requests and other account information. Since they're necessary for using the Lyft app, account and trip updates can be set to text or push notification, but cannot be turned off.
- Discounts and news notifications provide information about new features and promotions in your area. These alerts can be set to text, push notification, or turned off completely.
To change your notification preferences, follow these steps:
- Open your Lyft app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Tap 'Settings'
- Tap 'Privacy'
- Tap 'Notification Preferences'
- Select the type of message you want to receive for each type of notification. You'll be prompted to turn push notifications on in your phone's settings if they're currently disabled.
You can opt out of receiving specific text messages from Lyft at any time by responding with STOP to the message you have received to any text message you receive from Lyft. This prevents further message of that type (like only promotional texts or only verification code texts) but allows you to receive other kinds of text messages.
If you respond with STOPALL to a text message from Lyft, you’ll be opted out of all text messages from us. However, you acknowledge that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of Lyft or other services, including not receiving text messages on ride updates or verification codes needed to log into your account if you log out.
To opt back in, text the word STARTALL to 59381 to subscribe to all message types, including login or START (if you've opted out of only specific message types) to any of the numbers you received a Lyft text message from.