Round Up & Donate is a feature that lets you to round up a ride fare to the nearest whole dollar and then donate the difference to a cause of your choice.
For example, if you have a $12.75 fare, Lyft will round up the total to $13. The difference of $0.25 will be donated to a worthy cause.
- About Round Up & Donate
- Turn Round Up & Donate on or off
- Which rides you can donate on
- Recommend a cause
To see current charities you can donate to, look at the 'Round Up & Donate' tab in the app or go to Round Up & Donate. You’ll never be forced to donate.
You'll see your donations on your emailed receipt after paying for a ride. Donations aren’t included in up-front prices.
To switch charities between rides, first stop donating to one charity. Then turn on Round Up & Donate for the charity you'd like to donate to.
In the app:
- Open the main menu by tapping the icon in the top left corner
- Tap 'Donate'
- Tap a charity to view details
- Tap 'Opt In' for a charity. That's it!
On the web:
- Go to Round Up & Donate
- Select 'Log in and start donating'
- Follow the instructions to log in. Then, select a charity to view details.
- Select 'Start donating' or 'Stop donating' for a charity. That's it!
A few rides don't qualify for donations. These include:
- Rides taken on your business profile
- Rides paid for in full with Lyft gift cards or promo codes
- Rides with even fares. For example, a ride fare amount of $10.00 won't be rounded up.
As we expand Round Up & Donate, we'll continue to add new causes.
To recommend a cause as a charitable option, visit https://get.lyft.com/lyftone/ and submit your info. We’ll be in touch if the opportunity is a fit.