Make sure to follow these rules when giving rides in Arizona, and to keep an eye on your email for important news and updates from Lyft.
- Apply to drive
- Setting up your vehicle
- Insurance information
- Tips and best practices
- Document renewals
- Moving to or from Arizona as an existing Lyft driver
Apply to Drive
If you're applying to become a driver in Arizona, check out the application steps.
Drivers are encouraged to display the Lyft emblem while in driver mode. Refer to the image above for where to place your Lyft emblem.
If you’ve just been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem shortly. If you didn't get one or need a new one, order one in your Dashboard. While waiting for it to arrive, you may print a temporary emblem.
You are an approved driver, your ride is decked out with all the right things in all the right places, and you’re no stranger to the ins and outs of driving with Lyft.
- Review Lyft's insurance policy here.
- View your insurance in the app: Settings > Car > Lyft insurance.
- Set your vehicle up correctly every time you drive.
- Follow all airport rules.
- Do not accept street hails.
- Do not accept cash for rides.
- Do not wait in taxi lines.
- If you run into any issues on the road, let us know.
Drivers on the Lyft platform are required to maintain current documents (license, registration, insurance). Always update your documents via the Dashboard when they expire.
Drivers in Arizona are required to obtain an annual vehicle inspection. A notification will be shown in your app letting you know when this is required.
- Phoenix only: Click here for details regarding where and when to visit us for an inspection.
- All other cities: Print out this form and bring it to a licensed mechanic.
To prevent delays in the inspection approval process, make sure your inspection meets the following criteria when you upload it in the Dashboard:
- Passed inspection
- All fields filled in
- Match the vehicle(s) on file with Lyft
- Images and text clearly legible in the photo
If you're already a driver in a different state, and you're moving to Arizona, send us a message with the following info:
- The date you're moving
- Your new shipping address
- A clear photo of your vehicle registration*
- A clear photo of your passed inspection form**
*If you were already required to upload your vehicle registration when you became a driver, you do not need to send it in again.
**Please print out this form and bring it to a licensed mechanic for an inspection.
Moving from Arizona to a different state? Find your new market here to see what steps you'll need to take.