Lyft is available at the following airports in Massachusetts. To ensure a smooth airport experience for you and your passengers, make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules below.
Tap each airport name for detailed instructions:
- Boston Logan International Airport | BOS
- Nantucket Airport | ACK
- Provincetown Airport | PVC
- Worcester Regional | ORH
Tap each link to see information which applies to all airports:
Rules by airport
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from the airport.
Important Note: You are only allowed to pick up passengers if you have received a Massachusetts CORI Background Check Clearance Certificate from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU).
Watch the video to learn more:
CORI Massachusetts Background Check Clearance Certificate
In order to pick up at BOS airport, you must receive a CORI Massachusetts Background Check Clearance Certificate from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU). Click here to learn more.
Important note: You must have a digital (located in your inbox after you have received an email from the DPU) or printed version of your certificate with you at all times while on airport property. Failure to have your certificate when approached by an officer could result in a fine.
You may reach out to the DPU at DPUTNCQuestions@massmail.state.ma.us if you have any questions.
Giving Rides at BOS
Waiting for requests at BOS
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area are added to the queue.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 5 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
Pickups at BOS
- Pick up passengers from one of the pickup locations pictured above.
- The Lyft app moves the passenger's pin to an approved pickup area. If you're having trouble finding each other, make sure you have both gone to the pin's location and are on the correct level of the airport.
- Do not pick up passengers at the curbside terminal entrance.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up. Instead, head to the staging area and wait there.
- Short ride bump: If you receive a request for a short ride from the airport after waiting in the queue, you may qualify for a higher queue position after you drop off your passenger. You’ll receive an SMS after dropping off to let you know you have the option to return to the staging area for a preferred spot in the queue. Please note, if you give a ride before returning to the staging area, you may still qualify for a preferred spot in line.
Drop-offs at BOS
- Drop off passengers in the inner lane, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or accept additional ride requests after drop-off. Instead, proceed to the staging area.
- Drivers must have their Background Check Clearance Certificate ($500 fine).
- Drivers cannot commit any disorderly, obscene, threatening, indecent, violent, or unlawful act, or threaten any person at Boston Logan Airport ($500 fine).
- Drivers cannot commit an act that is likely to endanger any person or property at Boston Logan Airport ($500 fine).
- Drivers may not solicit, accept, arrange, or provide transportation outside of the app or solicit hails from a person ($200 fine).
- Drivers must display two Lyft trade dress emblems — one on the front and and one on the rear window of your car. If you need new emblems, reach out to us, print your own temporary emblems or swing by the BOS Driver Hub to pick up a pair in person ($200 fine).
- Drivers must pick riders up in airport designated App Ride/TNC pickup areas; see above for a map ($200 fine).
- Drivers must be in the airport designated staging lot to receive requests. See instructions and map above. Lyft will not send ride requests outside the lot ($100 fine).
- Drivers must follow the airport designated routes to passenger pickup zones; see above for details ($100 fine).
- Drivers must not stand outside their vehicle without authorization ($100 fine).
Other pickup areas on BOS Airport property
You may be sent to pick up passengers from the following locations while waiting in the airport queue in the staging area — do not use these locations to wait for ride requests.
- Hilton Boston Logan Airport Hotel Pickup Area: 1 Hotel Dr, Boston, MA 02128
- Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel Pickup Area: 101 Harborside Drive, MA 02128
- Embassy Suites at Logan Airport Hotel Pickup Area: 207 Porter Street, MA 02128
- Signature Flight Support (General Aviation) Pickup Area: 240 Prescott Street, MA 02128
- Rental Car Center Pickup Area: Far side of Rental Car Center on the right
Click here to see a map of the pickup locations listed above.
Pickups at ACK
- Pick up passengers from the parking lot directly across from the terminal (pictured above).
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up. ACK requires you to leave the airport and kindly ask your passenger to request another ride when he or she is ready.
Drop-offs at ACK
- Drop off passengers at Departures, at the passenger's carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or accept additional ride requests after drop-off.
The rules below for pickups and drop-offs apply to:
- Pick up passengers from Arrivals, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up.
- Drop off passengers curbside at the terminal entrance, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal after drop-off.
Display the following front and rear Lyft trade dress emblems on the passenger side of your front and rear windshields.
Massachusetts State Law requires drivers in driver mode to always display two Lyft trade dress emblems. As always, be sure to keep the Lyft emblems visible so authorities can easily recognize your preferred platform. Need replacement Lyft emblems? You may contact our Support team, print your own temporary emblems or come to the Lyft Hub in Boston.
- Do not stop or pull over in crosswalks.
- Do not park in red zones or taxi/shuttle areas unless otherwise specified in the rules above.
- Always follow instructions given by airport personnel.
- If you run into any trouble, like a regulatory citation, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
Airport officials will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow the rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.
Airport authorities may ask you for a waybill, which shows your latest ride. Click here to learn how to access your waybill.