Important Note: Beginning 2/1/17, you will only be allowed to pick up passengers if you have received a Massachusetts CORI Background Check Clearance Certificate from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU).
Review Airport Regulations Do’s & Don’ts
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from BOS Airport.
CORI Massachusetts Background Check Clearance Certificate
In order to pick up at BOS airport, you must receive a CORI Massachusetts Background Check Clearance Certificate from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU). Click here to learn more.
When you receive your CORI certificate, upload a copy of it in your Dashboard by following these steps:
- Head to your Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the ‘Vehicle & Docs’ tab.
- Locate ‘Massachusetts CORI Background Check Certificate’ section.
- Tap the upload button & attach a photo or screenshot* of your certificate from your photo library.
*For instructions on taking a screenshot of the pdf of your CORI Background Check email, click here.
Important note: You must have a digital (located in your Dashboard after you've uploaded a photo) or printed version of your certificate with you at all times while on airport property. Failure to have your certificate when approached by an officer could result in a fine.
Giving Rides at BOS
Waiting for requests
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area are added to the queue.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 5 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
- Pick up passengers from one of the pickup locations pictured above.
- Do not pick up passengers at the curbside terminal entrance.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up. Instead, head to the staging area and wait there.
- Drop off passengers in the inner lane, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or accept additional ride requests after drop-off. Instead, proceed to the staging area.
Display the following front and rear Lyft trade dress emblems on the passenger side of your front and rear windshields.
Massachusetts State Law requires drivers in driver mode to always display two Lyft trade dress emblems. As always, be sure to keep the Lyft emblems visible so authorities can easily recognize your preferred platform. Need replacement Lyft emblems? You may print your own temporary emblems or come to the Lyft Hub.
Other Pickup Areas on BOS Airport Property
You may be sent to pick up passengers from the following locations while waiting in the airport queue in the staging area — do not use these locations to wait for ride requests.
- Hilton Boston Logan Airport Hotel Pickup Area: 1 Hotel Dr, Boston, MA 02128
- Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor Hotel Pickup Area: 101 Harborside Drive, MA 02128
- Embassy Suites at Logan Airport Hotel Pickup Area: 207 Porter Street, MA 02128
- Signature Flight Support (General Aviation) Pickup Area: 240 Prescott Street, MA 02128
- Rental Car Center Pickup Area: Far side of Rental Car Center on the right
Click here to see a map of the pickup locations listed above.
If You're Approached by an Airport Authority
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
BOS Airport will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow these rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.
- Drivers must have a Background Check Clearance Certificate; see here for an example certificate, and find this certificate by checking for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org ($500 fine).
- Drivers cannot commit any disorderly, obscene, threatening, indecent, violent, or unlawful act, or threaten any person at Boston Logan Airport ($500 fine).
- Drivers cannot commit an act that is likely to endanger any person or property at Boston Logan Airport ($500 fine).
- Drivers may not solicit, accept, arrange, or provide transportation outside of the app or solicit hails from a person ($200 fine).
- Drivers must display two Lyft trade dress emblems — one on the front and and one on the rear window of your car. If you need new emblems, reach out to us, print your own temporary emblems or swing by the BOS Driver Hub to pick up a pair in person ($200 fine).
- Drivers must pick riders up in airport designated App Ride/TNC pickup areas; see above for a map ($200 fine).
- Drivers must be in the airport designated staging lot to receive requests. See instructions and map above. Lyft will not send ride requests outside the lot ($100 fine).
- Drivers must follow the airport designated routes to passenger pickup zones; see above for details ($100 fine).
- Drivers must not stand outside their vehicle without authorization ($100 fine).