Lyft is available at Detroit Metropolitan (DTW) Airport. As long as you follow a few simple ground rules, you're in the clear for both pickups and drop-offs.
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from DTW Airport.
- McNamara Terminal: Follow signs for 'McNamara Terminal', then 'Domestic Arrivals', then 'Commercial/Rideshare', then proceed to the booth and identify as a Lyft driver, then pull forward and park in a space until your passenger arrives. Exit by driving to the end of the parking spaces and exit on the right.
North Terminal: Follow signs for 'North Terminal', then 'Commercial Vehicles/Rideshare', then 'Arrivals/Baggage Claim', then 'Commercial Vehicles/Rideshare', then stay to the left and enter the 'Rideshare' area, turn right and proceed to the booth and identify as a Lyft driver, then pull through and park in one of the spaces waiting for your passenger. Exit by pulling forward and to the right at the end of the parking spaces.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up.
- Drop off passengers curbside at the terminal entrance, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or accept additional ride requests after drop-off.
Keep your Lyft emblem displayed and visible at all times while giving Lyft rides.
If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem within a couple weeks. Didn't receive one? Let us know and we’ll look into it. In the mean time, you may print your own temporary emblem.
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
DTW Airport will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow these rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.
Refer to the following image for pickup and drop-off information for the Motor City Pride Festival. See a schedule of events here.