Make sure to follow these rules when giving rides in Mississippi, and to keep an eye on your email for important news and updates from Lyft.
If you're applying to become a driver in Mississippi, check out the application steps.
- Setting up your vehicle
- Insurance information
- Tips and best practices
- Document renewals
- Moving to or from Mississippi as an existing Lyft driver
Drivers are encouraged to display the Lyft emblem while in driver mode. Refer to the image above for where to place your Lyft emblem.
If you've just been approved to drive, you should receive your emblem shortly. If you never received it, or need a new one, send us a message with your shipping address. In the meantime, you can print out a temporary emblem — make sure to print in color.
You are an approved driver, your ride is decked out with all the right things in all the right places, and you’re no stranger to the ins and outs of driving with Lyft.
- Review Lyft's insurance policy here.
- View your insurance in the app: Settings > Car > Lyft insurance.
- Set your vehicle up correctly every time you drive.
- Follow all airport rules.
- Do not accept street hails.
- Do not accept cash for rides.
- Do not wait in taxi lines.
- If you run into any issues on the road, let us know.
Drivers on the Lyft platform are required to maintain current documents (license, registration, insurance). Always update your documents via the Dashboard when they expire.
If you're already a driver in a different state, and you're moving to Mississippi, send us a message with the following info:
- The date you're moving
- Your new shipping address
- A clear photo of your vehicle registration*
*If you were already required to upload your vehicle registration when you became a driver, you do not need to send it in again.
Moving from Mississippi to a different state? Find your new market here to see what steps you'll need to take.