Guarantee promotions let you earn a guaranteed amount for completing a certain number of rides in a set amount of time. If you don’t make the Guarantee amount on your own, we’ll cover the difference.
- Payment and timing
- Weekly Guarantees for new drivers
- Additional terms
- Example Guarantee promotion
If you’re eligible for a Guarantee promotion, we’ll email you with the amount and ride requirements. Each week you'll be able to see the requirements and track your progress from the ‘Earnings’ tab on the home screen of your Driver app.
If you met all requirements, you’ll see the bonus added to your earnings within 24 hours of the promotion ending. The difference between your earnings and the guarantee amount is listed as a line item in your Driving History.
At the end of each promotion period, all eligible earnings are totalled.
If the total eligible earnings for that pay period equal or exceed the guaranteed amount, congrats! You’ve earned the guaranteed amount.
If the total eligible earnings aren’t equal or more than the guaranteed amount, we bonus you the difference.
Eligible earnings include:
- Time and distance earnings
- Prime Time earnings
Eligible earnings don’t include:
- Cancellation fees
- Airport fees or other third party charges
- Any Lyft fees like the Service Fee or Platform Fee
- Bonuses, such as Power Driver Bonus
Your Guarantee promotion calculations are available to view in the earnings breakdown of the Driver Dashboard.
Applicants who apply to drive using the link in a Lyft ad for Weekly Guarantees or using a Weekly Guarantee promo code may qualify to earn a guaranteed amount per week for a limited time.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be in an eligible city offering the promotion (this is the region you must be approved to drive in)
- Enter a valid Weekly Guarantee promo code while starting the application
- Be approved as a driver within 30 days of starting their application
- Meet the weekly ride requirements shown in the 'Earnings' tab of the Lyft Driver app
The first guaranteed week begins the first Monday after you’ve been approved to drive. This generally means that the first week you can earn a guarantee is the week after you’ve been approved.
While the guarantee amount will be the same for all weeks in the guarantee, the actual amount of the bonus may change depending on what you earned that week.
Eligible drivers cannot also receive other new driver incentives, such as the new driver referral bonus or sign-on bonus. Only one code can be applied upon applying to drive with Lyft. See additional terms.
The following terms apply to Guarantee promotions and are subject to change:
- Guarantee promotions are based on ride earnings after Lyft's fees are calculated
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed
- No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's terms of service and Lyft reserves the right to deny the bonus in the event of suspected fraud or abuse
- This promotion runs for a limited time only and may be suspended or ended at any time in Lyft’s discretion. The amount of the guarantee varies by market and time of application and may be changed in Lyft’s discretion.
- Market-specific caps may apply
Let’s say Lyft is offering a $1000 Guarantee promotion for completing 70 rides between Monday, April 4 and Thursday, April 8.
In this example, John completes 70 rides with eligible earnings of $800 before the end of the promotion. Since John fulfilled the promotion requirements and earned less than the $1000 Guarantee, he will be issued a bonus of $200 ($,1000-$800) on Friday, April 9 to make up the difference.
In another example, Anne completes 70 rides with eligible earnings of $1,100 before the end of the promotion. Anne fulfilled the promotion requirements and earned more than the $1000 Guarantee amount. This means she won’t receive a bonus for the promotion.