Earnings Guarantee promotions let you earn a guaranteed amount for completing a certain number of rides in a set amount of time. If you don't make the Earnings Guarantee amount on your own, we'll cover the difference.
- Types of Earnings Guarantee promotions
- Earnings Guarantee promotion examples
- Payment and timing
- Earnings Guarantees for new drivers
- Additional terms
Once the guarantee requirements are met, all eligible earnings are totaled and will be available in your earnings within one hour.
Eligible earnings include:
- Time and distance earnings
- Prime Time earnings
Eligible earnings don't include:
- Cancellation fees
- Airport fees or other third party charges
- Any Lyft fees like the Service Fee or Platform Fee
- Bonuses, such as Ride Challenges
These promotion calculations are available in the 'Earnings' tab on the home screen of your Lyft Driver app, as well as the 'Ride History' tab in your Driver Dashboard.
5 AM Monday - 5 AM Friday
5 AM Friday - 5 AM Monday
5 AM Monday - 5 AM the next Monday
Note: Other Earnings Guarantee time frames may also become available, such as Monday through Wednesday, etc.
- Lyft might offer a $100 Earnings Guarantee for completing 5 rides on Thursday
- A driver gives 5 rides and earns $90 on those rides
- Since they only made $90 on the first 5 rides, and Lyft guaranteed they would make $100, the driver receives an extra $10
- Lyft might offer a $500 Earnings Guarantee for completing 50 rides during the Lyft week (Monday 5 AM to next Monday at 5 AM)
- A driver completes 50 rides and makes $575 in eligible earnings
- Lyft doesn't issue any additional money because the driver hit the guaranteed total of at least $500 for 50 rides
If you're eligible for an Earnings Guarantee promotion, we'll email you the amount and ride requirements.
You'll be able to see the requirements and track your progress from the 'Earnings' tab on the home screen of your Lyft Driver app.
Once you meet all the requirements, you'll see the extra amount added to your earnings within one hour. The difference between your earnings and the guarantee amount is listed as a line item in your 'Driving History.'
New applicants who apply to drive using an Earnings Guarantee promo code or the link in a Lyft ad for Earnings Guarantees may qualify to earn a guaranteed amount per week for a limited time.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Enter a valid Weekly Guarantee promo code while starting the application
- Be approved as a driver within 30 days of starting their application
- Be approved to drive in an eligible region offering the promotion
- Meet the ride requirements shown in the 'Earnings' tab of the Lyft Driver app
The promotion period begins the first day that you're approved to drive.
Eligible drivers cannot receive additional new driver incentives, such as the new driver referral bonus or sign-on bonus. Only one code can be applied upon applying to drive with Lyft. See additional terms.
The following terms apply to Guarantee promotions and are subject to change:
- Guarantee promotions are based on ride earnings after Lyft's fees are calculated
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed
- No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's terms of service and Lyft reserves the right to deny the bonus in the event of suspected fraud or abuse
- This promotion runs for a limited time only and may be suspended or ended at any time in Lyft’s discretion. The amount of the guarantee varies by market and time of application and may be changed in Lyft's discretion
- Market-specific caps may apply