Photos are an important part of your driver profile. This article covers how to take the best shots possible and upload them for approval.
- How to take your driver profile photo
- How to take a photo of your insurance
- How to take a photo of your driver's license
- How to take a photo of your registration
- How to find your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- How to upload or update new photos for approval
A perfect driver photo can lead to higher ratings and tips because it’s your first and last impression on every passenger. Here’s how to nail your driver profile photo the first time.
- Take the photo with your phone held horizontally. Photos not taken horizontally will be rejected.
- Pick a setting. Stand in front of a plain background with even lighting.
- Ask a friend to help. Have them stand three feet away, focus the image, and get both shoulders and the top of your head in the frame.
- Get ready. Remove any accessories that cover your face (like hats or sunglasses), so you’re easily recognizable.
- Say cheese! Smile -- a nice smile helps riders feel welcome in your ride.
- When your driver photo is ready to go, upload it here by tapping your current profile photo
We need an image of your current valid insurance.
- Your name, make, and model of the car should be visible on the policy
- The photo must be in focus and not blurry
- When your insurance photo is ready to go, upload it on the Driver Dashboard
We need an image of your current and valid driver's license.
- Make sure we can clearly read all the info on your license, and that the license is fully in frame
- When your license photo is ready, upload it on the Driver Dashboard
If we've asked you for a registration photo:
- All information should be filled out and signed by you.
- The information needs to be legible. Make sure the photo is in focus and not blurry.
- When your registration photo is ready to go, upload it here by tapping your current profile photo
A VIN is used to verify a car's identity. There are three common locations to find this 17-digit number:
- Driver's insurance card
- Car dashboard under the windshield on the driver's side (Beneath bottom-right corner of the windshield when looking at the front of the car)
- On the inside panel of the driver's door
If you're required to send your VIN to us, update it here.
- Visit the Driver Dashboard
- Upload your new photos or documents
- Wait for approval (typically, less than 24 hours)