Lyft is available at Pittsburgh (PIT) Airport. As long as you follow a few simple ground rules, you're in the clear for both pickups and drop-offs.
Watch the video to learn more:
Review Airport Regulations Do’s & Don’ts
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from PIT Airport.
Waiting for Requests
- Wait for requests in the Cell Phone Lot — only the first hour is free. If the Cell Phone Lot is full, you will need to leave airport property.
- Pick up passengers from Arrivals, at the designated TNC spaces near Door 4 at the commercial curb — make sure to pull up to the furthest available space. To get to the commercial curb, follow the signs to the left when entering the airport.
- Do not pick up passengers from the public curb.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up. Instead, wait in the Cell Phone Lot (pictured above) if your passenger is delayed. If the Cell Phone Lot is full, you will need to leave airport property.
- Drop off passengers at Departures at the passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or accept additional ride requests after drop-off. Instead, proceed to the Cell Phone Lot.
- As soon as you've dropped off your passenger, press 'Tap to drop off' in your app and exit airport property. Wait to rate your passenger until you've left the airport.
Keep your Lyft emblem displayed and visible at all times while giving Lyft rides.
If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem within a couple weeks. Didn't receive one? Let us know and we’ll look into it. In the mean time, you may print your own temporary emblem.
PennDOT Inspection Sticker
If you've just been approved to drive, you should receive your PennDOT inspection sticker within a couple weeks after completing your inspection.
If You're Approached by an Airport Authority
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
PIT Airport will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow these rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.