If you'd like to see an estimate for your ride, head to the Cities page, choose your region, and enter your pickup and drop-off locations. Heads up: You can always request a ride without entering a destination.
Payments for rides are calculated based on these factors:
- Distance: total miles traveled
- Time: total minutes traveled
- Base Fare: the amount the ride starts at
- Ride type: different ride types (e.g., Plus, Line, or Premier) have different base fares. Check the Cities page to see your region's ride types and their base fares.
- Service Fee: added to each ride charge
- Prime Time: a percentage added during busiest times
Lyft Line ride charges are calculated before the ride. Because we are aiming to match you with passengers along your route, you're required to enter a drop-off address up front and given a fixed price.
During your ride, if you change your destination, make multiple stops, or attempt to abuse the Lyft platform, we may cancel the fare quote and charge you a variable fare based on the time and distance of your ride.
In select cities, after entering your destination, you’ll see the exact price of your ride before tapping ‘Request’. Note: If this isn’t yet available, you’ll see the ‘Fare Estimate’, which tells you the ride's price range.