Applicants must pass a 19-point vehicle inspection before being approved to drive. The checklist is completed during a Mentor Session with a experienced Lyft Mentor.
See a detailed breakdown of the requirements for Lyft vehicles here.
If your region is listed here, you may be required to have a mechanic inspection instead of meeting with a Mentor. Click your city's page for more info.
- Foot brakes
- Steering mechanism
- Front and rear window, and other glass
- Windshield wipers
- Tail lights
- Turn indicator lights
- Brake lights
- Front seat adjustment mechanism
- Doors (open, close, lock)
- Body Damage
- Muffler and exhaust system
- Condition of tires, including tread depth
- Interior and exterior rear view mirrors
- Safety belts for driver and passengers
If any of the above items don't pass the inspection, you will need to have them repaired and submit photos of each repaired item along with receipts.