Lyft is available at the Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW). As long as you follow the ground rules, you're in the clear for both pickups and drop-offs.
Review Airport Regulations Do’s & Don’ts
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from DFW Airport.
DFW Airport Vehicle Decal
In order to pick up passengers, DFW requires drivers to obtain a free airport vehicle decal. To get your airport decal, visit the Ground Transportation Office at DFW (pictured below) at 2444 East 30th St, during their operating hours:
Mon - Thu: 8:30 - 4:00
Fri: 8:30 - 2:00
Closed the first Wednesday of each month
Pro-tip: come before lunch for a shorter wait time
Please print and complete the DFW Vehicle Decal Application before arrival.
Helpful tips for completing the application:
- Dallas for-hire permits are no longer required to obtain a DFW Airport Decal.
- For DFW Decal Type and Operating Authority Type, please choose Pre-Arranged.
Waiting for requests
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area (Terminal A Infield Lot) are added to the queue.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 5 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
- Pick up passengers from Arrivals at the green curbs.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed. Head to the Terminal A infield lot.
- Short ride bump: If you receive a request for a short ride from the airport after waiting in the queue, you may qualify for a higher queue position after you drop off your passenger. You'll receive an SMS after dropping off to let you know you have the option to return to the staging area for a preferred spot in the queue. Please note, if you give a ride before returning to the staging area, you may still qualify for a preferred spot in line.
- Drop off passengers at Departures at the passenger’s carrier of choice.
- As soon as you've dropped off your passenger, press 'Tap to drop off' in your app and exit airport property. Wait to rate your passenger until you've left the airport.
Keep your Lyft emblem displayed and visible at all times while giving Lyft rides.
If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem within a couple weeks. Didn't receive one? Let us know and we’ll look into it. In the mean time, you may print your own temporary emblem.
If You're Approached by an Airport Authority
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
DFW is issuing citations for improper driver conduct. As a driver, you are responsible for the cost of any such citation from the airport.