Referral coupon credits and cash rewards for existing ambassadors are based on the city where the new passenger is located at the time the referral coupon is applied, instead of based on the existing ambassador's location.
The location is locked in when new passengers apply the coupon to their accounts after either signing up with a referral link or manually entering the code into the 'Promos' tab of the app. View cash values for referral rewards in any cities using the 'Referral Reward Finder' tool on the Referral Portal.
We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help us spread the word about Lyft. As an Ambassador, you’ll play a key role in Lyft’s passenger and driver growth in your city. Our marketing team will arm you with the tools needed to make you successful, and you can start right away! To apply to become a Lyft Ambassador, sign up here.
How to Refer Passengers as a Lyft Ambassador
Passenger referrals are a key part of growing the Lyft community, and we want to thank you for helping! In certain markets, you can get a cash reward for referring new passengers.
Note that if a passenger has already requested a ride, it's too late for them to enter your code. Only new passengers (those who haven't requested a ride) can redeem referral codes.
Using the Referral Portal
- Log in to the Referral Portal
- Tap your code, which should open a new tab in your browser
- Copy the link (it will begin with: "www.lyft.com/invited")
- Feel free to post your link to any of your social media channels — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Lyft will not honor referrals that were obtained via paid or unpaid ads, including Google Adwords, Craigslist, Twitter, Facebook, or any online advertising platform. Please keep in mind that referral bonuses are only active in select cities.
- When someone clicks your link, they'll be guided through the sign-up process. You'll both be able to take part in any promos that apply.
Sharing your referral code
Each ambassador has a unique referral code. In your Referral Portal you can see your referral link (it starts off with www.lyft.com/invited). You can find the code at the end of your link, after '/invited/.'
New passengers can enter your code directly into their app upon sign-up or before they request a ride, and you'll both be take part in any active promos.
Many ambassadors print referral cards with their code and hand them out at bars, concerts, etc. You can order referral cards with your referral code on them for up to 60% off through our partnership with Vistaprint. Check out Vistaprint's website to get your order started.
Referral Bonuses and Free Rides
When eligible new passengers sign up for Lyft with your referral code:
- New passengers get Lyft Credit
- You can get up to $10 added to your deposit
Occasionally, promos and contests may alter the amount an ambassador can receive. Lyft Credit amounts for new passengers can vary over time and by region.
Referred passenger: A new passenger will receive a ride credit if they redeem your code in an eligible city. New passengers will be able to review the exact amount and expiration date (14 days) in the 'Promos' tab of their app.
You (existing ambassador): If the new passenger is in one of the qualifying cities and uses the ride credit before it expires, you'll receive a bonus. You can see how much you've earned from referrals in your Referral Portal. Any bonuses you receive are also shown on your Referral Portal.
Terms and Conditions
- Participating cities and limited time only
- As of May 30, 2017, referral bonuses are based on the city of the new passenger
- To receive referral and bonus credits, your invitees must be new to Lyft and must enter your code before taking their first ride
- By signing up, invitees can receive up to $50 in Lyft credits. This may be over several rides, for instance $5 for 10 rides.
- Referral and bonus credits are valid for 14 days
- Credits are only valid for use on the Lyft platform and are not transferable or redeemable for cash
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft’s Terms of Service.