In select cities, if a driver applies with your referral code, you can both earn a bonus if the driver meets Lyft’s specified ride targets. To refer drivers:
- Log into lyft.com from a web browser.
- Click “Driver Referrals” on the left hand menu.
- From there, enter your friends' email addresses to send them invites. When they click your link, they'll be guided through the application process.
- That's it! Your code will be applied to their account, and you'll be able to earn any bonuses that apply.
- Once these requirements are met, both the referring ambassador and the referred new driver will see the bonus 1-2 direct deposits after the ride requirement is met.
Bonus amounts and ride requirements may vary based on the referring ambassadors and the region of the referred applicant. Referring ambassadors can view the bonus requirements for applicants they refer in their market through through the Lyft web portal. These requirements may be different if the referred applicant is in a different market than the referring ambassador.
Referred applicants may receive a communication from a referring ambassador with bonus requirements, however, please note that Lyft cannot control the final content of such communications and cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies that they may contain. Once a referred applicant has started their application, Lyft will send a confirmatory email to the referred applicant which will contain the relevant bonus amounts, ride requirements, and time limits needed to qualify for the bonus.
The referring ambassador must:
- Be an existing Lyft user in good standing at the time of referred applicant’s qualification.
- Share their ambassador referral code with their referrals. Driver or passenger codes do not apply.
The referred new driver must:
- Start their application to become a Lyft driver during the promotion.
- Input the referring ambassador’s referral code in the “Promo/Referral code” field when originally applying.
- Be approved within 30 days of applying.
- Complete the specified number of rides within 30 days of being approved as a Lyft driver. No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed.
- The duration of the review process may vary.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's Terms of Service.
- This promotion runs for a limited time only, and terms and bonus amounts (if any) are subject to change. Cannot be combined with Weekly Guarantee Promotion or other referral promotions.
- The bonus amount (if any) is determined by the time and market of the referred new driver’s application, and can vary (for both applicant and referrer) by market. The amounts above reflect current bonus availability and may have been different at the time of the referral and new driver application.
- In Boston, Denver, New York City, Nashville, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. this promotion is limited to the first 1,000 applicants. In Chicago, this promotion is limited to the first 2,000 applicants. In Dallas, this promotions is limited to the first 500 applicants. In San Diego, this promotion is limited to the first 500 applicants.
- Ambassadors can not earn referral bonuses for using their own referral codes when signing up to drive.