Make sure to follow these rules when giving rides in South Carolina, and to keep an eye on your email for important news and updates from Lyft.
If you're applying to become a driver in South Carolina, check out the application steps.
- Vehicle inspection
- Setting up your vehicle
- Insurance information
- Tips and best practices
- Document renewals
- Moving to or from South Carolina as an existing Lyft driver
Within 30 days of becoming approved as a driver, have your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic:
- Print the form.
- Visit a licensed mechanic. Bring the form to a licensed mechanic and have your vehicle inspected.
- Upload the form. Upload a photo of the completed form in the Dashboard.
At the Pep Boys locations listed in the table, you can get an inspection for about $15.
|Pep Boys||6240 Rivers Ave||North Charleston||(843) 744-7831|
|Pep Boys||1550 Savannah Hwy||Charleston||(843) 766-7415|
|Jiffy Lube||404 W Coleman Blvd||Mt. Pleasant||(843) 884-7326|
|Jiffy Lube||2491 Ashley River Rd||Charleston||(843) 763-0062|
|Jiffy Lube||8336 Rivers Ave||Charleston||(843) 824-5250|
Drivers are encouraged to display the Lyft emblem while in driver mode. Refer to the image above for where to place your Lyft emblem.
If you've just been approved to drive, you should receive your emblem shortly. If you never received it, or need a new one, send us a message with your shipping address. In the meantime, you can print out a temporary emblem — make sure to print in color.
You are an approved driver, your ride is decked out with all the right things in all the right places, and you’re no stranger to the ins and outs of driving with Lyft.
- Review Lyft's insurance policy here.
- View your insurance in the app: Settings > Car > Lyft insurance.
- Set your vehicle up correctly every time you drive.
- Follow all airport rules.
- Do not accept street hails.
- Do not accept cash for rides.
- Do not stop, park, load, or unload passengers in a travel lane or in an officially designated bus or taxi stop.
- If you run into any issues on the road, let us know.
Drivers on the Lyft platform are required to maintain current documents (license, registration, insurance). Always update your documents via the Dashboard when they expire.
If you're already a driver in a different state, and you're moving to South Carolina, send us a message with the following info:
- The date you're moving
- Your new shipping address
When you move to South Carolina, be sure to have your vehicle inspected within 30 days.
Moving from South Carolina to a different state? Find your new market here to see what steps you'll need to take.