Lyft is available at Miami International (MIA) Airport. As long as you follow a few simple ground rules, you're in the clear for both pickups and drop-offs.
Review Airport Regulations Do’s & Don’ts
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from MIA Airport.
- Pick up passengers from Arrivals.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up.
- Drop off passengers curbside at the terminal entrance, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or accept additional ride requests after drop-off.
- As soon as you've dropped off your passenger, press 'Tap to drop off' in your app and exit airport property. Wait to rate your passenger until you've left the airport.
Keep your Lyft emblem displayed and visible at all times while giving Lyft rides.
If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem within a couple weeks. Didn't receive one? Let us know and we’ll look into it. In the mean time, you may print your own temporary emblem.
If You're Approached by an Airport Authority
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
MIA Airport will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow these rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.
Waiting for requests
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area (pictured above) are added to the queue.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the area. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 5 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
- Pick up passengers at their pin location — the app will place the pin in an approved location.
- Do not pick up passengers at any location other than their dropped pin.
- Drop off passengers at their desired location.