Lyft is available at Lehigh Valley International (ABE) Airport. As long as you follow a few simple ground rules, you're in the clear for both pickups and drop-offs.
Review Airport Regulations Do’s & Don’ts
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from ABE Airport.
Waiting for Requests
- Wait for passenger requests in the short term parking lot, near the blue canopy.
- Do not wait for requests curbside at the terminal.
- Pick up passengers from the blue canopy at short term parking.
- Do not pick up passengers from the terminal entrance.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up. Instead, head to short term parking and wait there.
- Drop off passengers at Departures, at their carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or accept additional ride requests after drop-off. Instead, proceed to short term parking.
- As soon as you've dropped off your passenger, press 'Tap to drop off' in your app and exit airport property. Wait to rate your passenger until you've left the airport.
Keep your Lyft emblem displayed and visible at all times while giving Lyft rides.
If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem within a couple weeks. Didn't receive one? Let us know and we’ll look into it. In the mean time, you may print your own temporary emblem.
If You're Approached by an Airport Authority
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
ABE Airport will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow these rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.