Scheduled rides for riders
When possible, you can plan ahead by scheduling a ride up to 30 days ahead of time. When you schedule a ride, you’ll specify your pickup window. We’ll send you a reminder before your pickup.
If you can't select the 'Schedule' option in the app, scheduled rides may not be available in your area.
Scheduling a ride
To schedule a ride:
- Set your destination, then tap the ‘Schedule’ calendar icon on the ride type selection screen.
- Choose a date and time, then tap 'Set pickup time.'
Note: We can’t guarantee the availability of drivers in your area during your pickup window.
Editing or canceling a scheduled ride
To edit or cancel a scheduled ride:
- Tap the calendar icon in the upper right-hand corner of the home screen.
- Tap ‘Edit ride’ under the scheduled ride you want to cancel or edit.
You can cancel or edit your ride up to 1 hour before pickup. A cancellation fee will apply if you cancel within 1 hour of pickup.
Lyft’s normal cancellation policy may apply if:
- You cancel the ride after a driver has been matched.
- The driver is on their way to pick you up.
- The driver is scheduled to arrive within the designated pickup window.