Set up bank and tax info to get paid
For Lyft to transfer your driver earnings, you must enter your bank info in the Driver Dashboard. Always keep this info updated so your deposits transfer without delay.
Heads up: For your security, Lyft agents can’t see or change this info for you. It may be easier to use a desktop computer (if possible) instead of a phone to update this info.
Submit your bank info
We can only transfer earnings to checking accounts. We can't deposit to savings or business accounts.
In Canada, there are three parts of a bank account you'll need: the Transit number, the Financial Institution Number and Account Number.
- Your transit number has five digits and is on the left-most side of your cheque
- Your financial institution number from your bank, the three-digit number in the center of your cheque
- Your account number is a personal, 12-digit number shown on the right-most side of your cheque
- Log in to the Driver Dashboard
- Under the ‘Payout information’ header tap ‘Edit’
- Enter your transit, financial institution, and account numbers
- Confirm your account number
- Tap ‘Save’
We may send a confirmation text to drivers with 10 or more rides. This is only required if you receive the text.
Submit your tax info
See GST/HST tax info for drivers for CRA-required GST/HST details. Once you've set this up, you can submit your tax info in the 'Driver Info' tab of the Driver Dashboard. Look for the Goods & Services Tax or Harmonized Sales Tax info header, then select upload to enter your GST/HST info. Then, select 'Update.'
To provide your Social Insurance Number (SIN):
- Open your Lyft Driver app (not your Driver Dashboard).
- Tap 'Account.'
- Tap ‘Documents.'
- Tap ‘Personal documents.'
- Tap ‘Social Insurance Number.'
- Provide your SIN and tap ‘Save.'
If you get a failed transfer notice, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to update your bank info. For failed Express Pay transfers, we’ll send a text. We’ll try to deposit your earnings again immediately after you update your bank account information, even if you enter the same account info.
If you don't update your bank account information, we'll try to deposit your earnings the following Tuesday to whatever bank account information is still on file.
Transfers begin Tuesdays and usually show up in your account within 1 - 3 business days.
Common reasons for failed transfers:
- You haven't entered both your banking or tax info yet
- Incorrect banking info (such as mis-typed transit, financial institution, or account numbers)
- Business or savings account (we only transfer to personal checking accounts)
- You didn’t respond to the text asking you to confirm your bank info, which you’ll receive after you’ve submitted or updated bank info
- Your bank doesn't accept Automated Clearing House (or ACH, a kind of electronic transfer). Most banks accept ACH transfers, but you may need to confirm with your bank if you’re having issues receiving your deposit.
If you’re still not sure why you’re receiving failed transfer notices, contact your bank. Confirm your account status, Transit number, Financial Institution number, and Account number.