In most regions, both the referring driver and the referred applicant can earn a bonus by meeting specified ride requirements.
The be eligible for a referral bonus, referring drivers must:
- Be an existing Lyft driver in good standing when referred applicant qualifies
- Share their driver referral code with the referred applicant
Bonus amounts and ride requirements may change based on the referring driver, the referred applicant, and the region of the referred applicant. Requirements in a city or region may be different for drivers or applicants in the same area.
Referring drivers can view the bonus requirements for applicants they refer in their market through the Driver Dashboard or app.
Referred applicants may receive a communication from a referring driver regarding bonus requirements. Please note that Lyft can’t control the final content of these communications and can’t be held liable for any inaccuracies that they may contain.
Once a referred applicant has started their application, Lyft will email a confirmation to both the referring driver and referred applicant. The confirmation email will contain relevant bonus amounts, ride requirements, and time limits. Please contact us for details about your application.
To be eligible for an available referral promotion, referred applicants must:
- Start a driver application in the app or at Drive with Lyft, then agree to the Lyft terms and choose 'Become a Driver.' Bonus amounts and requirements may change until this step is done.
- Enter the referring driver’s referral code in the ‘Promo/Referral code’ field on the first step of the application
- If you follow a referral link from your referring driver, the code should be automatically entered
- If you don't enter a code when starting your application, you won’t be eligible for this referral promotion
- Be approved to drive within 30 days of starting an application
- Complete the specified number of rides in the required timeframe from being approved to drive. No more than two rides with the same passenger count toward ride requirements.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's Terms of Service
- Driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft and isn't guaranteed
- The duration of the review process may vary
- This promotion runs for a limited time only. Terms and bonus amounts (if any) are subject to change.
- Referral bonus promotions cannot be combined with weekly guarantee promos or new driver sign-on promos
- The bonus amount (if any) may vary based on the referring driver and the region of the referred applicant. There's no guarantee that all referring drivers or referred applicants in the same region will receive the same bonus amounts or ride requirements.
- If a referred applicant has an existing application, they’re only eligible for the referral amount, if any, associated with that original application. They aren’t eligible for any other referral amount. This prior referral promotion may have expired, in which case the applicant won’t be eligible for a referral bonus.
- Cross-country referrals (for example, a driver in Canada being referred by driver in US) are ineligible
- In Canada, passengers can only refer other passengers and drivers can only refer other driver to receive a bonus
- We may share information concerning a referred applicant’s eligibility, progress, or qualification for a referral bonus with the referring driver
- Drivers cannot earn referral bonuses for referring themselves
Bonus amounts depend on the referred applicant's region, which is selected when a referred applicant begins an application. The referred driver's city also determines eligibility for both the referring driver and referred driver.
Bonus payments are added to weekly deposits either as one amount or on a per-ride basis.
For single-amount payments, both the referred applicant and referring driver will be notified by email when the referred driver has completed the requirements. Please allow 1-2 pay cycles for the full bonus amount to appear in weekly deposits.
For per-ride payments, bonus amounts are added to both the referred applicant and referring driver's weekly deposit with each ride the referred applicant completes (until the maximum bonus amount is reached). Use the Driver Dashboard to see if your referral bonus is added to your weekly deposits on a per-ride basis.
Please note that terms and conditions are subject to change.
Need help? Tap 'Call Me' to contact our driver support team.