In select regions, Earnings Guarantee promotions let you earn a guaranteed amount for completing a certain number of rides in a set amount of time. If you don’t make the Earnings Guarantee amount on your own, we’ll cover the difference.
- Types of Earnings Guarantee promotions
- Earnings Guarantee promotion examples
- Payment and timing
- Earnings Guarantees for new drivers
- Additional terms
Once the guarantee requirements are met, all eligible earnings are totalled and will be available in your Earnings within one hour.
Eligible earnings include:
- Time and distance earnings
- Prime Time earnings
- Personal Power Zone bonuses
Eligible earnings don’t include:
- Cancellation fees
- Airport fees or other third party charges
- Any Lyft fees like the Service Fee or Platform Fee
- Ride Challenge bonuses
These promotion calculations are available in the 'Earnings' tab on the home screen of your Lyft Driver app, as well as the 'Ride History' tab in your Driver Dashboard.
5 AM Monday - 4:59 AM Friday
5 AM Friday - 4:59 AM Monday
5 AM Monday - 4:59 AM the next Monday
Note: Other Earnings Guarantee time frames may also become available, such as Monday through Wednesday, etc.
Weekly Guarantee - bonus
- Lyft offers you a $500 Weekly Guarantee for completing 50 rides during the Lyft week (Monday at 5 AM to next Monday at 4:59 AM)
- You complete 55 rides during the week and make $425 in eligible earnings
- Lyft issues you a $75 bonus some time before Tuesday morning (so, after the Lyft week has ended) - this brings your earnings up to the guaranteed $500
Weekend Guarantee - no bonus
- Lyft offers you a $200 Weekend Guarantee for completing 20 rides between Friday (5 AM) and Monday (4:59 AM)
- You complete 26 rides during the weekend and make $250 in eligible earnings
- You earned more than the guaranteed $200, so you won’t receive an additional bonus
If you’re eligible for an Earnings Guarantee promotion, we’ll email you the amount and ride requirements.
You'll be able to see the requirements and track your progress from the 'Earnings' tab on the home screen of your Lyft Driver app.
Once you meet all the requirements, you’ll see the bonus added to your earnings within one hour. The difference between your earnings and the guarantee amount is listed as a line item in your 'Driving History.'
New applicants who apply to drive using an Earnings Guarantee promo code or the link in a Lyft ad for Earnings Guarantees may qualify to earn a guaranteed amount per week for a limited time.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Enter a valid Earnings Guarantee promo code while starting the application
- Be approved as a driver within 30 days of starting their application
- Be approved to drive in an eligible region offering the promotion
- Meet the ride requirements shown in the 'Earnings' tab of the Lyft Driver app
The first guaranteed week begins the first Monday after you’ve been approved to drive. This means that the first week you can earn a guarantee is the week after you’ve been approved.
While the guarantee amount will be the same for all weeks in the guarantee, the actual amount of the bonus may change depending on what you earned that week.
Eligible drivers cannot receive additional new driver incentives, such as the new driver referral bonus or sign-on bonus. Only one code can be applied upon applying to drive with Lyft. See additional terms.
The following terms apply to Guarantee promotions and are subject to change:
- Guarantee promotions are based on ride earnings after Lyft's fees are calculated
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed
- No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's terms of service and Lyft reserves the right to deny the bonus in the event of suspected fraud or abuse
- This promotion runs for a limited time only and may be suspended or ended at any time in Lyft’s discretion. The amount of the guarantee varies by market and time of application and may be changed in Lyft’s discretion.
- Market-specific caps may apply