Scheduled rides for riders
In some regions, Lyft offers scheduled rides for standard, XL, Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL ride types. Plan ahead by scheduling a ride up to 30 days ahead of time.
Scheduled rides are:
- Not always available.
- Not available in all regions.
- May not be available for all ride types in a region.
When they are available, you will see a small 'Schedule' option on the ride type selection screen.
Scheduling a ride
When possible, you can plan ahead by scheduling a ride up to 30 days ahead of time. When you schedule a ride, you’ll specify your pickup window. We’ll send you a reminder before your pickup.
If you can't select the 'Schedule' option in the app, scheduled rides may not be available in your area.
To schedule a ride:
- Set your destination, then tap the ‘Schedule’ calendar icon on the ride type selection screen.
- Choose a date and time, then tap 'Set pickup time.'
- Confirm your pickup and drop-off location, then tap 'Schedule.'
Note: we can’t guarantee the availability of drivers in your area during your pickup window.
Cancelling a scheduled ride
To cancel a scheduled ride:
- Tap the calendar icon in the upper right-hand corner of the home screen.
- Tap the scheduled ride you want to cancel.
- Tap 'Cancel ride' below the details, then tap 'Confirm.'
Lyft’s normal cancellation policy may apply if:
- You cancel the ride after a driver has been matched.
- The driver is on their way to pick you up.
- The driver is scheduled to arrive within the designated pickup window.