Earnings Guarantee promotions
An Earnings Guarantee is a guarantee that you’ll earn a minimum amount if you complete a specific number of rides in a specific amount of time, and you meet all of the other terms that apply to earnings guarantees (see below).
For example, if we guarantee that you’ll earn at least $200 if you give 10 rides in a week, but you gave 10 rides and only earned $150, then you'll receive an extra $50. So your total earnings for the week equal $200.
If your earnings over the guarantee period are equal to or exceed the guaranteed amount, then you won’t be eligible for an additional payment.
If you're eligible for an Earnings Guarantee, we'll email you the amount and ride requirements.
Participating in bonuses, earnings guarantees, and incentives is always your choice.
You aren't required to accept any specific request for services to maintain access to the Lyft app or Lyft platform.
The following additional terms apply to Earnings Guarantees and are subject to change:
- Earnings Guarantees are based on ride earnings after Lyft's fees are calculated.
- Region-specific caps may apply.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's Terms of Service.
- Lyft reserves the right to deny honoring an Earnings Guarantee in the event of suspected fraud or abuse.
- This promotion runs for a limited time and may be suspended or ended at Lyft's discretion.
- The guaranteed amount varies by region and time of application and may be changed at Lyft's discretion.
- If you sign up for a new driver Earnings Guarantee promotion and switch your region or province while it's in progress, it will void the offer.
Earnings Guarantee calculations
Eligible earnings include:
- Upfront Pay earnings.
- Bonus zone bonuses.
Eligible earnings don't include:
- Cancellation fees.
- Airport fees or other third-party charges.
- Any Lyft fees, like the Service Fees or Platform Fees.
- Other bonuses, such as Ride Challenges or Ride Streaks.
If you meet all the requirements and have not earned the guaranteed amount by the end of the period, you’ll see an amount equal to the difference between your actual earnings and the guaranteed amount added to your earnings within 24 hours of the promotion ending.
Depending on your bank, deposits may take 2-3 business days to appear in your account. You can see details in the Earnings tab.
You can view the guarantee payout – the difference between your earnings and the guarantee – (if any) in your driving history.
Earnings Guarantee promotions for new drivers
New driver applicants can apply an Earnings Guarantee promo code when signing up to drive.
To qualify, you must:
- Add your promo code when you first sign up. It can’t be added later.
- Be approved to drive in an eligible region offering the promotion.
- Meet the ride requirements shown in the 'Earnings' tab of the Lyft Driver app.
Only one promotional code can be used when applying to drive with Lyft.