Lyft has a variety of ride modes to fit your travel needs.
Some ride modes are only available in select cities. You’ll see all available modes in the app when selecting a ride. For fare estimates and a list of available ride modes, see our Cities page for riders.
- Lyft: Standard Lyft car for up to 4 riders
- Shared: Share a car with riders headed in the same direction at a discounted price
- Lux: Luxury car for up to 4 riders
- Lux Black: Premium black car service with leather seats for up to 4 riders
- Lyft XL: SUV for up to 6 riders
- Lux Black XL: Premium black SUV with leather seats for up to 6 riders
- Car Seat: Vehicle fitted with a child’s car seat
- Wheelchair accessible: Set your app to enable accessibility needs. Learn more.
In select cities, you may see promotional ride modes become available in partnership with local events or organizations.
The details and duration of these promotional modes change based on the promotion and don't affect the ride modes normally available in your area.
While you’re unable to request a specific driver, car, or type of car, there are different ride modes available to meet your travel needs.