There are a few ways to request a Lyft ride:
To request a Lyft ride, download the Lyft app and create an account. Then:
- Open the Lyft app
- Tap 'search destination' and enter your destination. You can enter an address or search for a location.
- Select your ride mode. Swipe left for economy, luxury, or extra seating options.
- Tap 'Select' to request a ride. That’s it!
The pickup location will automatically set to your current GPS location. To change the pickup location:
- Tap 'Current location' at the top of the screen
- Enter an address or drag the location pin to the right spot
- Tap 'Set pickup.' That's it!
If there's an easier pickup location nearby, you’ll have the option to meet your driver at the new location to save time. Pickup suggestions are always optional, and are only a short walk away.
Change your payment method before requesting a ride by tapping the payment method shown on the ride mode selection screen.
On the 'Payment' screen you can change or add payment methods, view any active promos, and switch between personal or business accounts.
You’ll see the price of your ride on the ride mode selection screen before you tap 'Select.' Learn more about how to estimate a Lyft ride's cost.
If you can't use the Lyft app but have a Lyft account, request a ride using a browser:
- Go to http://ride.lyft.com
- Enter the phone number associated with your Lyft account
- We’ll send you a text with a verification code. Enter the code to log in.
- Request a ride the same way you would on the app. Heads up: Apple Pay can't be used when requesting a ride on a browser.
Browser ride tips
- If you don’t know your pickup address, enable your location in the browser's settings and make sure the pin is displayed in the right spot. If the pin’s placement is incorrect, enter a nearby address or venue and meet your driver there.
- If you request on a desktop or tablet, you can see your driver’s progress in the browser or app. However, keep an eye on your phone because we'll text you important ride updates.
- If you request a Lyft on your desktop and then leave the house with only your smartphone, you'll still be able to see the request in the app.