Please note we're still getting ready for the first rides in Canada. Check the app to see when we're ready!
There are a few ways to request a Lyft ride:
Heads up: Lyft is rolling out a new version of the app over the next few months. If you have this new version, be sure to add your destination before your pick-up location when requesting rides.
To request a Lyft ride, download Lyft and create an account. Then:
- Open the Lyft app
- Select your ride mode
- Tap 'Set pickup.' Set your pickup location by dropping a pin on the map or entering in an address or business name.
- Tap 'Set destination' to confirm where you’re going. If you want to wait and tell your driver in person, tap 'Skip.'
- Tap 'Request Lyft' to request a ride. That’s it!
You can also change your payment method before requesting a ride by tapping the payment method shown on the request screen.
After confirming your pickup and dropoff locations but before selecting 'Request Lyft,' you'll see the default payment method for the ride under the ride type and fare estimate. If you select the default payment method, you'll be able to change or add a payment method.
In select cities, you’ll see the price of your ride after entering your destination and before tapping 'Request.' Learn more about how to estimate a Lyft ride's cost.
If you can't use the Lyft app but have a Lyft account, request a ride using a browser:
- Go to http://ride.lyft.com
- Enter the phone number associated with your Lyft account
- We’ll send you a text with a verification code. Enter the code to log in.
- Request a ride the same way you would on the app. Heads up: Apple Pay can't be used when requesting a ride on a browser.
Browser ride tips
- At this time, you can only request standard Lyft or Lyft XL using a browser. We’re working to bring Lyft Lux to browsers soon!
- If you don’t know your pickup address, enable your location in the browser's settings and make sure the pin is displayed in the right spot. If the pin’s placement is incorrect, enter a nearby address or venue and meet your driver there.
- If you request on a desktop or tablet, you can see your driver’s progress in the browser or app. However, keep an eye on your phone because we'll text you important ride updates.
- If you request a Lyft on your desktop and then leave the house with only your smartphone, you'll still be able to see the request in the app.