Lyft has a variety of ride modes to fit your travel needs.
Some ride modes are only available in select cities. You’ll see all available modes in the app when selecting a ride. For fare estimates and a list of available ride modes, see our Cities page for riders.
- Lyft: Standard Lyft car for up to 4 riders
- Shared: Share a car with riders headed in the same direction at a discounted price
- Shared Saver: Walk a short distance to a Shared ride pickup location for the lowest price
- Preferred: Standard Lyft ride for up to 4 riders; take a ride with a top-rated driver in a newer, spacious car. Preferred is currently a pilot and is not available in all markets.
- Wait & Save: Lock in a lower price when it’s busy — it’s our most affordable personal ride. Once you book, there's a longer wait so we can pair you with the best driver for your route and pickup spot. Wait & Save is currently a pilot and is not available in all markets.
- Lux: Luxury car for up to 4 riders
- Lux Black: Premium black car service with leather seats for up to 4 riders
- Lyft XL: SUV for up to 6 riders
- Lux Black XL: Premium black SUV with leather seats for up to 6 riders
- Scooter: Compact scooter for a single rider
- Bikes: Reserve and rent single rider bikes
- Car Seat: Vehicle fitted with a child’s car seat
- Wheelchair accessible: Set your app to enable accessibility needs. Learn more.
In select cities, you may see promotional ride modes become available in partnership with local events or organizations.
The details and duration of these promotional modes change based on the promotion and don't affect the ride modes normally available in your area.
While you’re unable to request a specific driver, car, or type of car, there are different ride modes available to meet your travel needs.