EV Ride Challenge
Through the end of 2024, the Electric Vehicle (EV) Bonus is $150 for 50 rides using an Electric vehicle.
Completed rides – with pickups in the state of California, using a qualifying EV – count towards the ride requirement.
Getting the EV bonus
To qualify for the EV Ride Challenge, you must be an approved driver in the state of California and have a qualifying EV added to your account by Dec 31, 2023.
Once your EV is added to your account, you can earn a $150 bonus by giving 50 rides with your EV in a week.
You’ll be eligible to earn the $150 bonus every week through Dec 29, 2024 or until you’ve reached the $8,100 maximum.
Each week (5:00 am Monday through 5:00 am Monday), every ride completed in California using a qualifying EV counts toward the 50-ride requirement. The $150 bonus will be available in your earnings one hour after you have completed 50 rides.
Note: the bonus can only be earned once per week. If you give more than 50 rides in a week, the extra rides don’t roll over into the following week.
Tracking your EV bonus
You’ll receive an email every week letting you know that a $150 EV bonus will be available to you during the following week.
As you make progress toward the 50 ride requirement, you’ll be able to track your bonus from the Driver app home screen.
To track your progress, tap ‘$150 EV Bonus’ on the home screen.
- Participating in bonuses and incentives is always your choice. You aren't required to accept any specific request for services to maintain access to the Lyft app or Lyft platform.
- Participation in this EV Ride Challenge is subject to Lyft’s Terms of Service.
- You will only be eligible for the EV Ride Challenge if you are approved in the state of California and have an eligible EV on your account on or after November 28, 2022, and before 11:59pm PT on Dec. 31, 2023.
- The EV Ride Challenge will conclude at 11:59pm PT on Dec. 29, 2024.
- All 100% Electric Vehicles, except for those rented through the Express Drive program, are eligible for the $150 EV Bonus.
- There may be a delay of up to 1 week between adding an EV to your account, and becoming eligible for the EV Ride Challenge offer.
- Only completed rideshare rides with pickups in your eligible EV in the state of California count toward the 50-ride requirement.
- Lyft Delivery rides do not count toward the 50-ride requirement.
- The maximum bonus amount you can receive each week from the EV Ride Challenge is $150. You will not receive a prorated bonus amount if you do not meet the 50-ride requirement.
- The maximum bonus amount you can receive over the entire duration of the EV Ride Challenge offer is $8,100. Once you receive the maximum amount, you will no longer be eligible to participate in the EV Ride Challenge.
- In its sole discretion, Lyft may choose to reduce the ride requirement. If Lyft does reduce the requirement, Lyft may choose to later restore the requirement to 50 rides. However, the requirement will never exceed 50 rides.
- Lyft reserves the right to withhold or deduct payments in the event of error, suspected fraud, illegality, or violation of Lyft’s Terms of Service or these terms.
- The EV Ride Challenge is being offered at the discretion of Lyft, and Lyft has the right to terminate the challenge, in whole or in part, or to change any aspect of the challenge, the EV Ride Challenge Terms, benefits, conditions of participation, qualification criteria or earning thresholds, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of bonuses already accumulated. Lyft further reserves the right to make modifications to the EV Ride Challenge only to limited cohorts of participants in its sole discretion.