Lyft Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL are available in more than 80 cities throughout the U.S. We're continuing to expand regions for these rides types, so check our Cities page to see what's available in your region.
Heads up: If you're unable to view a vehicle eligibility document, please clear your cache and refresh your browser. We recently changed some of our links.
- About Lyft Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL
- How to qualify
- How to opt in to get Lyft Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL ride requests
Lyft has a few ride types that let drivers with qualifying high-end vehicles the chance to earn more:
- Lyft Lux: High-end, four seats, the perfect way to add a little luxury and arrive in style
- Lux Black: Premium black car service limited to only the most luxurious makes and models
- Lux Black XL: Premium black SUV service with space for parties up to six passengers
The difference between Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux Black is which drivers and vehicles are eligible.
Both Lyft Lux and Lux Black rides require drivers to maintain a 4.7 or higher rating. New drivers must give standard Lyft or Shared rides until they achieve a 4.7 rating or higher.
The biggest difference between Lyft Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL is which cars are eligible in each ride type.
To qualify for Lyft Lux:
Lyft Lux is no longer available in New York City. Drivers in New York City whose vehicles were Lyft Lux-approved before May 25, 2017, can still give Lux Black rides.
To qualify for Lux Black or Lux Black XL:
- Drive in a Lyft city where Lux Black or Lux Black XL is available
- Drive an approved Lux Black or Lux Black XL vehicle
- You’ll qualify to receive both Lux Black and Lux Black XL requests if you have a Lux Black-eligible vehicle that comfortably seats 6 or more passengers
If you have a qualifying vehicle and a 4.7 rating or higher, here's how to receive luxury rides.
Before you start, make sure your qualifying vehicle must be set as your active vehicle. Log in to your Driver Dashboard to set your active vehicle and confirm your seat type.
- Open the Lyft Driver app, then tap your profile photo in the top left corner
- Tap ‘Driver Dashboard’
- Tap the ‘Vehicles’ tab
- Tap the arrow on 'Ride preferences'
- Select the ride types you want. Note that you'll only receive ride requests that you're eligible for and that are available in your region.
- Accept all eligible ride types: all ride types your vehicle qualifies for
- Accept Lyft Lux rides only: Lyft XL, Lyft Lux, Lux Black, and Lux Black XL rides
- Accept Lux Black only: Lux Black and Lux Black XL rides
Here's what this looks like in the app:
Heads up: Using Lyft Lux-, Lux Black-, or Lux Black XL-only may reduce the number of requests you receive.
Drivers who opted to receive Lyft Lux or Lux Black requests only may still see standard Lyft requests where they can earn extra money. Skipping these requests won't affect your acceptance rate.