Earnings Guarantee promotions let you earn a guaranteed amount for completing a certain number of rides in a set amount of time. If you don't make the Earnings Guarantee amount on your own, we'll cover the difference.
- Earnings Guarantees for new drivers
- Types of Earnings Guarantee promotions
- Earnings Guarantee promotion examples
- Payment and timing
- Additional terms
Once the guarantee requirements are met, all eligible earnings are totaled and will be available in your earnings within one hour.
Eligible earnings include:
- Time and distance earnings
- Personal Power Zone bonuses (if available in your region)
Eligible earnings don't include:
- Cancellation fees
- Airport fees or other third party charges
- Any Lyft fees like the Service Fee or Platform Fee
- Ride Challenge bonuses
These promotion calculations are available in the 'Earnings' tab on the home screen of your Lyft Driver app.
New applicants who apply to drive by using an Earnings Guarantee promo code or by clicking the link in a Lyft ad for Earnings Guarantees may qualify to earn a guaranteed amount when they fulfill the requirements detailed below.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Enter a valid Earnings Guarantee promo code while starting the application
- Be approved to drive by whatever deadline is specified in your app, in an eligible region offering the promotion
- Meet the ride requirements shown in the 'Earnings' tab of the Lyft Driver app
Eligible drivers cannot use additional new driver incentives. Only one code can be used upon applying to drive with Lyft.
In addition to new driver Earnings Guarantees, we may also offer the following Guarantees to some current, active drivers:
5 AM Monday - 5 AM Friday
5 AM Friday - 5 AM Monday
5 AM Monday - 5 AM the next Monday
Note: Other Earnings Guarantee time frames may also become available, such as Monday through Wednesday, etc.
Here are two examples of earnings guarantees for current, active drivers:
- Lyft might offer a $100 Earnings Guarantee for completing 5 rides on Thursday
- A driver gives 5 rides and earns $90 on those rides
- Since they only made $90 on the first 5 rides, and Lyft guaranteed they would make $100, the driver receives an extra $10
- Lyft might offer a $500 Earnings Guarantee for completing 50 rides during the Lyft week (Monday 5 AM to next Monday at 5 AM)
- A driver completes 50 rides and makes $575 in eligible earnings
- Lyft doesn't issue any additional money because the driver hit the guaranteed total of at least $500 for 50 rides
If you're an active driver who is eligible for an Earnings Guarantee promotion, we'll email you the amount and ride requirements.
You'll be able to see the requirements and track your progress from the 'Earnings' tab on the home screen of your Lyft Driver app.
Once you meet all the requirements, you'll see the extra amount added to your earnings within one hour. The difference between your earnings and the guarantee amount is listed as a line item in your 'Driving History.'
Heads up: Payment and timing work differently for new driver Earnings Guarantees. Learn more about Earnings Guarantees for new drivers.
The following terms apply to Guarantee promotions and are subject to change:
- Guarantee promotions are based on ride earnings after Lyft's fees are calculated
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed
- No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's terms of service and Lyft reserves the right to deny the bonus in the event of suspected fraud or abuse
- This promotion runs for a limited time only and may be suspended or ended at any time in Lyft’s discretion. The amount of the guarantee varies by market and time of application and may be changed in Lyft's discretion
- Market-specific caps may apply