Round Up & Donate is a feature that lets you to round up a ride fare to the nearest whole dollar and then donate the difference to a cause of your choice.
For example, if you have a $12.75 fare, Lyft will round up the total to $13. The difference of $0.25 will be donated to a worthy cause.
Heads up: If you're in Canada, see our Canada-specific info on Round Up & Donate.
- About Round Up & Donate
- Turn Round Up & Donate on or off
- Which rides you can donate on
- Recommend a cause
To see current charities you can donate to, look at the 'Round Up & Donate' tab in the app or go to Round Up & Donate. You’ll never be forced to donate.
You'll see your donations on your emailed receipt after paying for a ride. Donations aren’t included in up-front prices.
We'll send you an annual report with all your tax deductible donations for tax purposes. Whether your donations are tax deductible depends on the charity. If the organization qualifies for tax deductions, then so will your donation.
To switch charities between rides, first stop donating to one charity. Then turn on Round Up & Donate for the charity you'd like to donate to.
In the app:
- Open the main menu by tapping the icon in the top left corner
- Tap 'Donate'
- Tap a charity to view details
- Tap 'Opt In' for a charity. That's it!
On the web:
- Go to Round Up & Donate
- Select 'Log in and start donating'
- Follow the instructions to log in. Then, select a charity to view details.
- Select 'Start donating' or 'Stop donating' for a charity. That's it!
A few rides don't qualify for donations. These include:
- Rides taken on your business profile
- Rides paid for in full with Lyft gift cards or promo codes
- Rides with even fares. For example, a ride fare amount of $10.00 won't be rounded up.
As we expand Round Up & Donate, we'll continue to add new causes.
To recommend a cause as a charitable option, visit https://get.lyft.com/lyftone/ and submit your info. We’ll be in touch if the opportunity is a fit.