Accessibility Settings in the App
The Lyft app allows passengers with accessibility needs to enable Access Mode. In certain markets, when Access Mode is enabled, passengers may request a vehicle that is specially outfitted to accommodate wheelchairs. In markets where those vehicles are not available, information regarding local services will be sent directly to the passenger via text message when the ride is requested. Market-specific dispatch options, including Access Mode availability, are listed below.
To enable Access Mode:
1. Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
2. Scroll down and tap 'Settings'
3. Find 'Wheelchair access' in the menu
4. Slide the toggle to the right so it's green
5. Type in your destination, then swipe left to see additional modes
6. Tap "More" then tap "Access" to select wheelchair mode
7. Tap "Request Access," confirm your pickup location, and you're all set!
Local accessible vehicle dispatch services
Many of the below accessible vehicle dispatches must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. In order to utilize their service, you may want to consider first reaching out to the local dispatch to inquire about their sign up process. Depending on the vendor, it may take several weeks to complete the enrollment process before being able to book a ride in their respective cities.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
In Phoenix, we dispatch accessible vehicles in real-time. If you are unable to get picked up by one of these vehicles, let us know.
For PHX Airport, we dispatch accessible vehicles in real time for pickups only during the airport's hours of operations. If you are unable to get picked up by one of these vehicles, let us know.
- Safe Route Car Services
Napa and Sonoma County
East Bay (San Francisco Area)
South Bay (Silicon Valley)
- SJP Paratransit
- HARTransit (HART)
- Available 7 days per week in Danbury, Bethel, Brookfield, and New Milford
- 203-744-4070 (Information/Reservations)
- ATL Airport WAV Transportation
- Advanced Care Transportation Inc.
- Local: 404-942-9803
- Toll Free: 800-691-3131
In Chicago, we dispatch accessible vehicles in real-time. If you are unable to get picked up by one of these vehicles, let us know.
- Centralized dispatch of 20 wheelchair accessible taxi services
- Toll free, 24/7
- Accessible Van Transportation
- R Squared Transport
- (217) 525-9069
- (217) 891-4238 or (217) 622-9073 (evenings and weekends)
- Paratransit Service
- Access Springfield
- (217) 522-6087 (Information)
- (217) 522-8594 (Reservations)
- Assisted Transportation
- ATA Bus
- Assisted Transportation
- Best Cabs, Inc.
- Timber Lines
In Boston, we dispatch accessible vehicles in real-time. If you are unable to get picked up by one of these vehicles, let us know.
- Boston Cab (two accessible taxis available)
- Metro Cab (nine accessible taxis available)
- Airport Taxi
- Yellow Taxicab
- Green and White Taxi
- Minneapple Taxi
- La Mexicana Taxi
- Western Cab Company
- 24 hours
- A&C Transportation Non-Emergency Medical
- 603-926-0640 (Reservations / Information)
Northern New Jersey area
New York City
In our New York City market, we dispatch accessible vehicles in real-time. If you are unable to get picked up by one of these vehicles, please contact Grand Limo & Car Service, Inc. at 718-433-4255. (TLC License: B01848).
- Buckeye Taxi
- Loving Lift
In Portland, we dispatch accessible vehicles in real-time. If you are unable to get picked up by one of these vehicles, let us know.
Philadelphia is excited to offer wheelchair accessible vehicles, citywide. If you need a vehicle and one isn't available, please let us know. Alternative providers can be found below.
- Austin Yellow Cab
- Austin Cab Company
- North Austin Taxi Service LLC
Between 9 AM and 7 PM, request a wheelchair accessible vehicle through the Lyft app by enabling Access Mode.
During the remaining hours (7 PM — 9 AM), please contact our alternate provider, American Logistics Company (ALC), directly at 833-502-1057.
Salt Lake City
- Yellow Cabs Seattle:
- STITA Taxi:
- Farwest Taxi:
- 206-622-1717 (Seattle Metro Area)
- 425-454-5055 (Eastside)
- 253-852-2500 (South King County)
- Bellevue Taxi:
To submit a complaint to the City of Seattle, you may call Finance and Administrative Services at 206-684-2489, or visit the complaints webpage here.