New drivers in select cities can earn a weekly guarantee. If they don’t hit the guarantee amount on their own, we’ll cover the amount that's missing.
Driver requirements to qualify for a weekly guarantee:
- Be approved to drive with Lyft in a weekly guarantee city during the promo (markets listed in the table below), either by following the application link in a Lyft ad for weekly guarantees, or using the weekly guarantee promo code.
- Get approved as a Lyft driver within 30 days of when they started their driver application.
- Complete enough rides, hours, and achieve a high enough acceptance rate for the week.
An easy way to think of it is that by completing steps one and two, a driver will be able to take part in the guarantee. Step three is what you need to do each week to do each week to qualify. See this example.
|Areas around Austin|
|New York City|
Completing step 3
After fulfilling steps 1 and 2, a driver can earn a weekly guarantee for each of the first few weeks after becoming an approved Lyft driver. The first week begins at 5 a.m. on the first Monday after approval. The driver can qualify for any or all of the designated weeks. For each week, the driver needs to meet these benchmarks:
- Completed rides — For Lyft Line rides, each passenger a driver picks up will count toward the weekly goal.
- Hours in driver mode — There is no rides per hour requirement. A driver can give 3 rides in one hour, and 0 rides in the next hour, and both of those hours would count towards the promo. There’s also no peak hour requirement for this promo.
- 90% weekly acceptance rate — This is listed on the Tuesday weekly summaries.
The required number of completed rides, hours in driver mode, and weeks of the guarantee is city-specific, and is outlined in the emails that eligible drivers receive.
Calculating the guaranteed amount
At the end of each pay period (which runs from 5 a.m. Monday through 4:59 a.m. the following Monday), all eligible ride payments and tips are totaled. Eligible ride payments include:
- Pre-commission time and distance
- Prime Time
Tolls, airport fees, and The Service Fee aren’t included. If the total eligible ride payments and tips for that pay period exceed the guaranteed weekly amount, great! If not, we’ll bonus the driver the difference (after taking out Lyft’s commission).
Collecting the guarantee
If the driver qualifies for some or all of the weekly guarantees, they’ll receive the difference between their ride payments and tips, and the guaranteed amount, in the next week’s direct deposit. The difference will be listed as a line item in the Tuesday Weekly Summary, and will not be included in daily summaries.
Please note that the following terms apply, and are subject to change:
- Weekly guarantees are based on pre-commission ride payments and tips, and any resulting bonuses are subject to Lyft’s commission.
- Power Driver Bonuses do not apply to the Lyft commission that is taken out of weekly guarantee bonuses.
- Eligible drivers cannot also receive a new driver referral bonus — only one code can be applied upon applying to drive with Lyft.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed.
- The duration of the application review process may vary.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's terms of service.
- This promotion runs for a limited time only and may be suspended or ended at any time in Lyft’s discretion. The amount of the guarantee varies by market and time of application and may be changed in Lyft’s discretion.
- Market-specific caps may apply.
- No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement.