Critical Response Line
Our Trust & Safety team is here for you 24/7. If you need to report an accident, passenger behavior which threatened your personal safety, or if you receive a regulatory citation call 855-865-9553.
If you need to report damage to your vehicle which wasn't safety-related, follow the steps below.
We know it’s not fun when a passenger causes damage to your car, so just let our Support team know immediately and they’ll help make it right. If it’s damage that requires significant cleaning or repair and stops you from giving Lyft rides, we ask that you hold off on driving until your car is back up to speed.
In order to receive a damage fee, drivers must send the following information within 24 hours of the incident:
- At least 2 clear photos of the damage.
- Any identifying information about the requesting passenger (first name works best, but pick-up and drop-off locations and times are also helpful).
- A brief description of how the incident occurred.
- Take a photo with your phone to capture the time and date of the incident.
- Turn on the internal light in your car to make sure pictures are clear. You can also turn on the flash on your phone’s camera.
- Check your car regularly after a ride is completed.
Please note: Lyft determines the damage fee, which is meant to help drivers repair, remediate, or clean affected areas of their vehicle only. We handle damage cases on a case-by-case basis. The damage fee comes entirely from the passenger.