Lyft is available at Las Vegas McCarran (LAS) Airport. As long as you follow a few simple ground rules, you're in the clear for both pickups and drop-offs.
Review Airport Regulations Do’s & Don’ts
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. Please see a full list of LAS’s rules and regulations, found at the airport’s website. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from LAS Airport.
Waiting for requests
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area (as of 12/28/16, refer to the lot pictured below) are added to the queue. The staging area pre-12/28 is here.
- Follow all airport rules. Have your app open in driver mode, display your Lyft emblem, park correctly in the stall, follow all traffic control signs, remain with your vehicle unless taking a short restroom break, and do not litter.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 5 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
The pickup areas have been expanded and are marked with spot numbers and placards you can refer to when meeting your passengers.
- Terminal 1: Pick up passengers on Level 2M of the parking garage (pictured above).
- Terminal 3: Pick up passengers on the Valet Level of the parking garage (pictured above).
- Please call and instruct your passengers to follow the Rideshare signs from the main terminal to the designated parking garage (level & section) where you will meet.
- McCarran Rental Car Center: Pick up passengers from the far left lane next to the Taxicab loading area.
- When using the designated T-1 and T-3 loading areas, please use the designated loading stalls — DO NOT load in the Thru Lane.
- If the loading area is congested and/or you have been waiting too long, DOA staff will instruct you to exit and circle around to reenter the Loading area. You must follow any instructions and directions from all DOA staff working in the curb areas, loading areas, and staging area.
- Do not pick up passengers from Arrivals at the main terminal entrance.
- Do not wait on the terminal roadway if your passenger is delayed. Head to the staging lot (pictured below) and wait there. If the staging lot is full, you will need to leave airport property.
- Terminal 1 and 3: Drop off passengers at the Departure Curbs area at the passenger's carrier of choice. Leave the terminal immediately after dropping off.
- McCarran Rental Car Center: Enter through the far right and drop off passengers in the middle drive lane.
- As soon as you've dropped off your passenger, press 'Tap to drop off' in your app and exit airport property. Wait to rate your passenger until you've left the airport.
- It's important to note: the Lyft app will not allow you to receive requests in any area on airport property other than the staging lot .
Do not display your Lyft emblem when you are not in driver mode. If your emblem is displayed and you use either of the Passenger Pickup Curbs or any Public Parking facility you will be issued a citation.
Drivers may not do any of the following while on LAS property:
- Solicit passengers by vocally calling out or using any other means, nor solicit on behalf of any motel, hotel, day or night club, etc.
- Utilize any other person or agent, including but not limited to Airport Sky Caps, Baggage Check persons, or any other employees to solicit passengers in any manner whatsoever.
- Leave the vehicle unattended while the engine is running or with keys in the ignition.
- Use profane or vulgar language or participate in offensive behavior.
- Feed the birds or any other animals.
- Damage Airport property or fail to report any damage to Airport staff.
- Fail to immediately comply with requests from CDR or local law enforcement, including showing the Lyft app, license, or registration.
- Possess alcoholic beverages or dangerous drugs or narcotics.
- Accept cash from passengers.
Lyft Emblem and TNC Decal
Keep your Lyft emblem and TNC vehicle decal displayed and visible at all times while giving Lyft rides.
If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem and TNC decal within a couple weeks. Didn't receive one? Let us know and we’ll look into it. In the mean time, you may print your own temporary emblem.
If You're Approached by an Airport Authority
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
LAS Airport will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow these rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.