Lyft is available at Portland (PDX) Airport. As long as you follow a few simple ground rules, you're in the clear for both pickups and drop-offs.
Review Airport Regulations Do’s & Don’ts
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations. As a driver, you must follow the rules listed below in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from PDX Airport.
Portland, OR 97218
Waiting for requests
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area — 8157 NE Air Cargo Rd — are added to the queue.
Only wait in the designated Lyft spots. No staging in front or to the side of the building or in the oversized bus/shuttle lanes.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 5 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
- Pick up passengers from Arrivals (Lower Roadway). When driving in, veer left at the fork to follow the sign for Commercial Vehicles and Buses. Get in the far right lane after the fork, and pull over when you see the sign for Island 1.
- Do not pick up passengers at the curbside terminal entrance.
- Wait in the staging area if your passenger is delayed when picking up or waiting for additional requests after drop-offs. If the staging area is full, you will need to leave airport property.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed.
- Short ride bump: If you receive a request for a short ride from the airport after waiting in the queue, you may qualify for a higher queue position after you drop off your passenger. You'll receive an SMS after dropping off to let you know you have the option to return to the staging area for a preferred spot in the queue. Please note, if you give a ride before returning to the staging area, you may still qualify for a preferred spot in line.
- Drop off passengers on the commercial roadway on the upper level.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or after drop-off. Instead, proceed to the staging area.
Keep your Lyft emblem displayed and visible at all times while giving Lyft rides.
If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem within a couple weeks. Didn't receive one? Let us know and we’ll look into it. In the mean time, you may print your own temporary emblem.
If You're Approached by an Airport Authority
Port Authorities have the right to ask Lyft drivers to leave the area, move their vehicles, and close down the lot to Lyft drivers when all spaces are full.
Authorities at the airport may approach you and ask you for a waybill.
The waybill allows law enforcement officials to see information about your current or most recent ride.
To access your waybill, follow these steps:
- Go to your Dashboard*.
- Tap Waybill in the left side menu.
*Access your Dashboard either through the left panel menu in the Lyft app, or by going to lyft.com/drive in a web browser.
If you run into any trouble, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
PDX Airport will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow these rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.