In select cities, you can refer your friends to the Lyft platform and each get a free ride. To see which cities qualify, tap Free Rides from the left-side menu.
Sharing your code
There are a couple of ways to get your code out there. You can invite your friends to Lyft directly through the app by choosing "Free Rides" from the left side menu. From there, you can invite friends from the contacts on your phone.
New passengers can also enter your unique referral code (also found in the "Free Rides" screen) into the "Promo" screen of their app when signing up.
Receiving ride credit
Referred passenger: The new passenger you refer gets credit right away — they'll see it in the 'Promo' section of their app.
Referring passenger: You'll see your credit after the new passenger takes a ride.
Terms and Conditions
- Participating cities and limited time only.
- To receive referral and bonus credits, your invitees must be new to Lyft and must enter your code before taking their first ride.
- By signing up, invitees receive a free ride credit.
- A referral credit grants you the specified amount off a single Lyft ride.
- Referral and bonus credits are valid for 14 days.
- Credits are only valid for use on the Lyft platform and are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft’s Terms of Service.