If you apply with the referral code of an existing Lyft driver, the governing terms are below. In most markets, both the referring driver and the referred applicant can earn a bonus by meeting specified ride targets set by Lyft.
Referral Amounts and Ride Requirements
Bonus amounts and ride requirements may vary based on the referring driver and the region of the referred applicant. Referring drivers can view the bonus requirements for applicants they refer in their market through the driver portal or app. These requirements may be different based on the applicant a driver is referring. Requirements may vary within a city, as well as across different cities.
Referred applicants may receive a communication from a referring driver with bonus requirements, however, please note that Lyft cannot control the final content of such communications and cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies that they may contain. Once a referred applicant has started their application, Lyft will send a confirmatory email to both the referring driver and referred applicant which will contain the relevant bonus amounts, ride requirements, and time limits needed to qualify for the bonus. Please contact us for details about your application.
The referring driver must:
- Be an existing Lyft driver in good standing when the referred applicant qualifies.
- Share their driver referral code with their referred applicant. Ambassador codes do not apply.
If you are the referred applicant, to qualify for an available referral promotion you must:
- Start your application to become a Lyft driver by completing your basic application information on lyft.com/drive-with-lyft or through the Lyft app, agreeing to the Lyft terms, and clicking “Become a Driver”. Bonus amount and ride requirements are subject to change until this step is complete.
- Input your referring driver’s referral code in the “Promo/Referral code” field during the first step of the application process.
- If you follow a referral link from your referring driver, the code should be automatically entered for you.
- If you don't enter a code upon starting your application, you will not be eligible for this referral promotion.
- Become approved to drive on the Lyft platform within 30 days after you start your application.
- Complete the specified number of rides within 30 days of being approved as a Lyft driver. No more than two rides with the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's Terms of Service.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed.
- The duration of the review process may vary.
- This promotion runs for a limited time only, and terms and bonus amounts (if any) are subject to change.
- Referral bonus promotions cannot be combined with weekly guarantee promos or new driver sign-on promos.
- The bonus amount (if any) may vary based on the referring driver and the region of the referred applicant. There is no guarantee that all referred drivers or referring applicants in the same region will receive the same bonus amounts or ride requirements.
- If a referred applicant has an existing application, they are only eligible for the referral amount, if any, associated with that original application, and they are not eligible for any other referral amount. This prior referral promotion may have expired, in which case the applicant will not be eligible for a referral bonus.
- Applicants who select an Express Drive rental vehicle are not eligible for a referral bonus (their referrer may still earn a one-sided referral bonus if the applicant otherwise satisfies the bonus requirements).
- We may share information concerning a referred applicant’s eligibility, progress, or qualification for a referral bonus with the referring driver.
- Drivers cannot earn referral bonuses for referring themselves.
Once these requirements are met, the referring driver and the referred new driver can expect a bonus in 1-2 payouts cycles.