Are you using Lyft for work-related rides? We offer passengers easy expensing through business profiles and provide companies custom transportation programs with Lyft Mobility Solutions.
- Business Profiles
- How to Create and Use Your Business Profile
- How to Connect a Concur Account to Your Business Profile
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lyft Mobility Solutions
At the tap of a button, switch between taking personal Lyft rides and rides you’ll need to expense for work. You can assign a different payment type to these rides, take notes directly in the Lyft app, and even have the receipts automatically sent straight to your work email.
How to Create Your Business Profile
If you don’t have an existing Lyft account:
- Visit lyft.com/business-profiles, enter your work email address, and click “Next”.
- Enter your payment information. If you have a business card, link it here.
- Download the Lyft app and create a Lyft account. After your account is created, you’re ready to take your first ride.
If you already have a Lyft account:
- Open the Lyft app. Click on your profile picture in the top left corner, then tap the “Settings” tab. Tap “Business Profile,” then tap “Get Started.”
- Enter your work email address to receive digital receipts for expensing purposes. Tap “Next.”
- Select your payment method or enter a new one — likely a business card. Note: This will be your default Business Profile payment method.
- Tap “Next”, then “Done.” That’s it — you’re ready to use your business profile!
How to Use Your Business Profile
Before requesting your work-related ride, tap “Personal” under the fare estimate. This will switch your profile and payment method to business mode. After the ride ends, you’ll have another chance to confirm or switch between your personal and business profile on the payment screen.
How to Connect a Concur Account to Your Business Profile
We’ve partnered with Concur, an expense management tool, to make your business expense reporting seamless. By connecting an existing Concur and Lyft account, your trip receipts will automatically send to Concur.
Once your Lyft business profile is set up, open the Lyft app and complete the following steps:
In the top left corner, tap your profile picture. Select “Settings,” tap “Business Profiles,” and then “Concur.”
Enter your Concur account credentials
Now you're all set up. After every business ride, you can choose to send your receipt to Concur by toggling the “Concur” option on and off in the payments screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
I charged a business ride to my personal account. How should I handle?
If you haven’t submitted payment for that ride, you can switch profile and payment method in the payment screen once the ride has ended. Once payment for a ride is submitted, there’s no way to change the payment method.
Why isn't my Promo Code working?
Currently, promotional coupons cannot be used on Business Profile rides because business rides are generally reimbursed by your employer.
How do I update the email or payment method linked to my business profile?
Visit the “Settings” tab in the app, tap “Business Profiles,” and edit your email address or payment method.
Are business profiles supported internationally?
Yes, you can set up business profiles abroad. We’ve also partnered with some of the world’s largest ridesharing services to facilitate rides outside the US.
Lyft Mobility Solutions
Lyft Mobility Solutions is for organizations that want a custom expensing experience. This means dedicated account managers, comprehensive ride insights, and flexible partnership options. Let us know your transportation needs to learn more.