Get extra peace of mind while you drive by sharing your location with your friends and family. Turn it on or off at any time from the home screen, or by tapping 'Safety tools' in your Settings tab.
Note: Not available in all markets at this time.
There are three settings to share your location:
- Always share when I'm online
- This setting is on by default
- Your location is not shared automatically but the icon still appears for you to start sharing when you want to
- You can tap on the Share Location icon to start sharing your location or turn the feature off
- You won't see the Share Location icon at all if this is set
When your location is shared, the Share Location icon will change color to indicate that it is on:
When your location is not shared, the Share Location icon will change color to indicate that it is off:
You'll also be able to tell when a trusted contact starts following your location:
- While offline, go to your Settings and tap Safety Tools
- In the Share Your Location section, tap 'Add'
- The app will pull your list of contacts
- Add up to 5 contacts
- Set up your share settings
Note: You can't change your trusted contacts while driving, only when offline.
When your location is shared, all selected contacts will receive a text message with a link to follow your location. You'll be alerted that someone is following your ride if they click the link.
The link opens a view of your ride in the trusted contact's default web browser. Here they can see if you are in a ride, your approximate location, and how long you've been driving.
To protect a passenger's privacy, trusted contacts are unable to see drop-off or pick-up locations.