World and World Elite Mastercard®
We're excited to partner with Mastercard® to offer World and World Elite Mastercard cardholders an exclusive benefit.
Both World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard cardholders can earn a $5 ride credit when they take three or more rides in a month.
To earn the $5 ride credit:
- Take three rides in the same calendar month (e.g., January)
- Take all three rides using your personal profile
- Pay for those rides using your World or World Elite Mastercard
We'll automatically add the ride credit to the 'Rewards' tab in your app.
To qualify for this benefit, just use your World or World Elite Mastercard to pay for Lyft rides.
To add your card:
- Open your Lyft app's main menu.
- Tap ‘Payment.'
- Tap ‘Personal.'
- Add your World or World Elite Mastercard and set it as your default payment method.
You can also use Apple Pay or Google Pay to pay for qualifying rides:
- Follow the steps above to add your World or World Elite Mastercard as your default payment method.
- Add the same card to Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Take a ride and pay for it using Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Rides won’t qualify for this benefit if you pay for them using Venmo or Paypal, even if you're using the same card on that account.
You can use Apple Pay to pay for qualifying rides, but Apple Cards aren’t eligible.
Tracking your progress
To earn the $5 Lyft credit, you have to take all three rides in the same calendar month (e.g., January).
You can track your progress toward your ride credit after you add your World or World Elite Mastercard® in your app.
To check your progress, open your app and tap 'Rewards.'
The progress tracker will reset on the first day of each month. Rides from the previous month don't carry over.
In order for a ride to count, you need to pay for at least part of the ride using your qualifying World or World Elite Mastercard. Your card must be issued in the US to qualify. The ride won't count unless the payment succeeds. If a ride credit or gift card covers part of a ride, the ride still counts as long as you paid for some of it with your card. This doesn't include tips, which don't count toward this benefit.
Lyft rides on your personal profile count toward this benefit. This includes standard Lyft, Lux, and XL rides. Rides taken on your business profile don't count.
Purchases other than your personal Lyft rides don't count. This includes business rides, bikes, scooters, gift cards, and memberships.