South Dakota airport information for drivers
To ensure a smooth airport experience for you and your passengers, make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules below. Tap each link to jump to detailed instructions on each section:
The following information applies to all airports:
Airport officials will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow the rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.
- Keep your Lyft emblem displayed in your lower right hand (passenger side) of your front windshield at all times while giving Lyft rides.
- If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
- If you’ve just been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblem shortly. If you didn't get one or need a new one, place an order in your Dashboard. While waiting for it to arrive, you may print a temporary emblem.
Conduct at the airport
- Do not stop or pull over in crosswalks.
- Do not park in red zones or taxi/shuttle areas unless otherwise specified in the rules above.
- Always follow instructions given by airport personnel.
- If you run into any trouble, like a regulatory citation, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
- Airport authorities may ask you for a waybill, which shows your latest ride. Click here to learn how to access your waybill.
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from the airport. Lyft is available at the following airport in South Dakota:
Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD)
Waiting for requests:
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area (pictured above) are added to the queue.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 15 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
- Pickups are on the outer curb in front of the terminal.
- The Lyft app moves the passenger's pin to an approved pickup area. If you're having trouble finding each other, make sure you have both gone to the pin's location and are on the correct level of the airport.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up. Instead, head to the staging lot and wait there.
- Short ride bump: If you receive a request for a short ride from the airport after waiting in the queue, you may qualify for a higher queue position after you drop off your passenger. You'll receive an SMS after dropping off to let you know you have the option to return to the staging area for a preferred spot in the queue. Please note, if you give a ride before returning to the staging area, you may still qualify for a preferred spot in line.
- Drop off passengers on the upper level at Departures, at the passenger's carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal after drop-off. If you'd like to wait for additional requests, proceed to the staging area.