New York City airport information for drivers
To create a smooth airport experience for you and your passengers, read the rules below.
Rules for all airports
Airport officials will issue administrative citations to drivers who don’t follow the rules. If you violate airport rules or regulations, you’re responsible for paying any tickets you receive.
To help avoid a ticket, review the following information carefully.
Lyft emblem rules
At an airport, be sure to always:
- Display your Lyft emblem in the lower right hand (passenger side) of your front windshield while giving Lyft rides.
- Remove the emblem if you’re giving a non-Lyft ride.
If you’re a newly approved driver, you should receive the emblem soon. If you didn't get an emblem or need a new one, place an order in your Dashboard. While waiting for it to arrive, you may print a temporary emblem.
Always follow instructions given by airport personnel.Airport officials could give you a citation if you:
- Stop or pull over in crosswalks.
- Park anywhere outside of a designated staging area or in the taxi/shuttle areas (unless otherwise specified).
- Display any form of advertising on or in your vehicle.
- Pick up or drop off in an unauthorized location.
Note: This isn’t a complete list of actions that call for citation at the airport. Always follow instructions from airport officials.
Airport authorities may ask you for a waybill, which shows your latest ride. Learn how to access your waybill.
Always follow all airport regulations. If you get a citation for violating airport regulations, Lyft isn’t responsible for these citations. As a driver, you’re responsible for the cost of any such citation from the airport. Failure to comply with airport regulations may result in a suspension of your rights to operate at the airport or a deactivation of your driver account.
Lyft is available at the following airports that serve New York City: