Note: at this time, we’re in the process of testing this feature so it may not be available to you yet. This is only available to select Lyft drivers at this time.
Scheduled pickups lets you claim rides in advance by adding them to a personalized list of pickups. You can see estimated earnings when available and approximate pickup and drop off locations in advance.
You must sign in and accept your scheduled pickup at the designated window. We’ll send you a notification when it’s time to open the app, go online, and start heading to the rider’s pickup location.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add rides to my pickups?
- Open the app. Tap your picture in the top-left corner.
- Tap the ‘Scheduled pickups’ tab to see available pickups (if there aren’t any, we’ll let you know)
- Check estimated fares and routes, then tap ‘Add to my pickups.’ You can view scheduled pickups in the ‘My pickups’ toggle.
- Once it’s time to go online for any given scheduled pickup, we’ll send you a text letting you know to go online. After you receive the request, tap ‘Accept.’
Does adding a ride to my pickups guarantee that I will get it? No. If you add a pickup to your schedule, we will wait for you to come online before we dispatch the ride. We can only wait so long though, and may find that there’s another reason we are unable to dispatch you the ride.
Go online and accept your scheduled pickup at the designated window. You can see pickup time windows (that is, when the pickup itself should occur) on scheduled rides’ routes.
How do I make sure that I receive my scheduled pickup request? Make sure you go online when we text you and that you’re close enough to arrive during the rider’s pickup window.
What happens if I add a ride to my pickups and forget to accept the ride when it’s time? If you’re no longer able to give the ride, remove it from your pickups so another driver has the chance to schedule it.
How do I remove a ride from my scheduled pickups?
- Open the app. Tap your profile pic in upper lefthand corner.
- Tap ‘Scheduled pickups’
- Tap ‘My pickups’
- Tap ‘Cancel pickup’
Will removing a ride from my pickups affect my acceptance rate? No, removing a ride won’t affect your acceptance rating. However, we ask that you only add rides to your pickups that you can commit to giving.
How do cancellations work? Because these pickups are set in a specific timeframe, there are a few more things to know about cancellations:
- If a passenger cancels a scheduled pickup before you tap ‘Accept:’ We’ll let you know, and you can always add more pickups.
- If a passenger cancels after you tap ‘Accept’ and you are scheduled to arrive within the designated pickup window: Lyft’s city-specific cancellation fee policy applies. Learn more about the cancellation policy for drivers.
- If a passenger cancels after you tap ‘Accept’ and you missed the designated pickup window: Lyft’s normal cancellation fee policy applies only if you are scheduled to arrive on time according to the designated pickup window.
- If you remove a scheduled pickup after you’ve added it to ‘My pickups:’ Try to avoid this, as passengers count on you to get them to their destinations.
- If you cancel a scheduled pickup after you tap 'Accept:' The same cancellation policies apply as with a standard Lyft.
How far in advance can I add to my pickups? You add rides to your pickups up to seven days before they are set to happen.
How many scheduled pickups can I add to my pickup list? There’s no limit at this time, but rides can’t overlap in terms of pickup and anticipated dropoff times. We ask that you only add rides to your pickups that you can commit to giving.
What happens if I’m in a ride when it’s time to accept a different pre-scheduled pickup? If that time elapses, we’ll have to give that request to another driver for the sake of the rider.
If you’re currently in a ride at the time we tell you to be available for a pre-scheduled pickup, don’t worry! Finish your current ride and we’ll give you a small grace period. Being in a ride when you’re supposed to receive a scheduled pickup won’t affect your acceptance rating.