Whether you’re a driver or a passenger, it’s important your email is updated and verified so we can send you receipts, alerts, and notifications. Here are the most common reasons and fixes if you're not receiving receipts or emails.
- How to get Lyft emails
- Outdated or misspelled email
- Marked as spam or buried
- Payment info not submitted
If you’re not getting our emails, follow these steps.
- Make sure your email address is correct. We may be sending emails to an old or incorrect email address. Update your account’s email address in the app’s 'Settings' tab.
- Search all messages in your inbox. Emails sometimes get lost in inboxes. In your inbox, search for phrases like "Lyft," "ride receipt,” "summary,” or words related to the email you're looking for.
- Check your spam and other filters. It's possible your email provider mistakenly sent our messages to your spam or junk folder. To avoid this, remove Lyft messages from your spam list.
- Update your address book. Add emails that end in @lyftmail.com, @lyft.com, and @lyft.zendesk.com to your address book.
If you have other filters or routing rules in your email account that may have sorted Lyft emails elsewhere, check those too.
You may be checking a different email address than the one we have on file, or the address may be misspelled (we often see typos like ".con" instead ".com"). Check the 'Settings' tab of your app to see your account's email address. Tap the email address to edit it, then tap 'Save' in the top right.
For security reasons, we'll send you a verification email.
Your receipts may be filtered, buried, or marked as spam. You may need to change your email settings to make sure receipts are being sent to your inbox.
Search "Lyft" in your email's search bar if you can't find receipts in your spam folder. Sometimes receipts get buried with your other email messages.
If you're unsure whether you subscribed, tap 'Contact Support' below to see whether you unsubscribed from email messages from us, including ride receipts.
We don't send ride receipts until you've submitted your payment info. Add this info in the app's 'Payment' tab.
If you haven't paid for a ride yet, it may take 16-24 hours before we send a receipt. This is also true for rides in the 'Ride history' tab.
If you've checked all the above options and still can't find your ride receipts, tap 'Contact Support' below so we can investigate.