We feature an automated toll system for cities in which we operate. The following US tolls are charged to the passenger in a Lyft ride.
Lyft reserves the right to apply tolls to passenger fares that may not be identified on this list.
Fees related to taking optional express or HOV lanes aren't paid for by passengers and will not be reimbursed.
- Orange County: S.R. 241; S.R. 261; S.R. 133; and S.R. 73
- San Diego: South Bay Expressway
- San Francisco: All bridges
- Northwest Parkway and E-470
- In addition to applicable tolls and surcharges that may be added to your fare, there will be a $15 surcharge added to all trips originating in Connecticut and ending in New York City.
- Ft. Meyers: Sanibel Island Bridge South; Cape Coral Bridge; and Midpoint Memorial Bridge
- Key Largo: Card Sound Bridge
- Miami: SR 821; Mainline; Sawgrass; Alligator Alley; S.R. 836; S.R. 874; S.R. 924; Venetian Causeway; Rickenbacker Causeway; and Broad Causeway
- Orlando: Beachline Expressway; Seminole Expressway; Western Beltway; Southern Beltway; Mainline; S.R. 522; S.R. 417; S.R. 414; and S.R. 408
- Pensacola: Bob Sikes Bridge Toll
- Tampa: Veterans Expressway/Suncoast Parkway; Polk Parkway; Sunshine Skyway Bridge; Pinellas Bayway Bridge; and Selmon Expressway
- Illinois Route 390
- Chicago: Veterans Memorial Expressway; Tri-State Tollway; Jane Adams Memorial Tollway; Chicago Skyway; and Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway
- Abraham Lincoln Bridge; Kennedy Bridge; and East End Bridge
- New Orleans: Causeway Bridge - Southbound
- Baltimore: Fort McHenry Tunnel; Harbor Tunnel; Francis Key Scott Bridge; Thomas J. Hatem Bridge; and Chesapeake Bay Bridge
- Intercounty Connector
- Boston: Williams Tunnel; Mass Pike; Sumner Tunnel; and Tobin Memorial Bridge
- Bellevue Bridge - Eastbound and Westbound
- New Jersey
Atlantic City Expressway; New Jersey Turnpike/Garden State Parkway; and Grassy Sound Bridge
Heads up: A $20 surcharge, which includes tolls, is added to the fare on all trips between New York City and New Jersey. If the trip begins in New Jersey and crosses the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge there is an additional $19 surcharge, for a total of $39 added to the price, which again includes tolls.
- New York
All NY-NJ bridges and tunnels; All NYC bridges and tunnels; Mid-Hudson Bridge; Newburgh-Beacon Bridge; New York State Thruway; and New England Thruway
Heads up: A $20 surcharge, which includes tolls, is added to the fare on all trips between New York City and New Jersey. If the trip begins in New Jersey and crosses the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge there is an additional $19 surcharge, for a total of $39 added to the price, which again includes tolls. In addition to applicable tolls and surcharges that may be added to your fare, there will be a $15 surcharge added to all trips originating in Connecticut and ending in New York City.
- North Carolina
- Raleigh/Durham: Triangle Expressway and Western Wake Freeway
- Cleveland/Toledo: Ohio Turnpike
- Oklahoma City: H.E. Bailey Turnpike; John Kilpatrick Turnpike; and Turner Turnpike
- Tulsa: Turner Turnpike; Will Rogers Turnpike; Cherokee Turnpike; Cimarron Turnpike; Muskogee Turnpike; and Creek Turnpike
- Philadelphia: Atlantic City Expressway; Penna Turnpike; Penna 476; Ben Franklin Bridge; Walt Whitman Bridge; Betsy Ross Bridge; Commodore Barry Bridge; and Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
- Pittsburgh: Southern Beltway Toll; and Mon/Fayette Expressway
- Rhode Island
- Providence: Newport/Pell Bridge
- Austin: 183A Toll Road; Manor Expressway; Highway 130; Loop 1 (excluding Express Lanes); and SH 45
- Dallas: All bridges and tunnels
- Leesburg: Dulles Toll Road; Dulles Greenway; and Intercounty Connector
- Richmond: Powhite Parkway; Forest Hill Ramps; Douglasdale Ramps; Boulevard Bridge; Downtown Expressway; 2nd Street Ramps; 11th Street Ramps; and Pocahontas Parkway
- Virginia Beach: Chesapeake Expressway; George P. Coleman Bridge; South Norfolk Jordan Bridge; Midtown Tunnel; Downtown Tunnel; and Lucus Kellan J Bridge
- Seattle: SR 520 Bridge; Tacoma Narrows Bridge; and SR 99 Tunnel
Passengers pay through the Lyft app payment flow as usual. We can't remove or refund the cost of the toll if a passenger pays for it outside of the app. It's against our Terms of Service for passengers to use cash for portions of a Lyft ride except for tips, which can also be done in the app.
The toll amount charged is based on the local electronic toll collection system price.
Additional charges may apply to your ride. Check your city's page for more info.
In some instances, drivers have to pay a toll when they return to the coverage area and our system will add a charge to the passenger’s amount. This makes sure that drivers are fairly compensated for their time and effort.
- San Francisco/Silicon Valley: Golden Gate Bridge (Northbound); Bay Bridge (Eastbound); Antioch Bridge (Southbound); Richmond-San Rafael Bridge (Eastbound); Carquinez Bridge (Southbound); San Mateo-Hayward Bridge (Eastbound); and Dumbarton Bridge (Eastbound)
- Miami: Broad Causeway (Eastbound); Card Sound Bridge; and Rickenbacker Causeway
- New Jersey/New York
Holland Tunnel (Westbound); Lincoln Tunnel (Westbound); George Washington Bridge (Westbound); Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge (Northbound); Outerbridge Crossing (Westbound); Goethals Bridge (Westbound); Bayonne Bridge (Westbound)
- Philadelphia: Ben Franklin Bridge (Westbound); Walt Whitman Bridge (Westbound); Betsy Ross Bridge (Westbound); Commodore Barry Bridge (Westbound); and Tacony-Palmyra Bridge (Westbound)
- Washington: Tacoma Narrows Bridge (Westbound)