In select cities, if a driver applies with your referral code, you can both earn a bonus if the driver meets Lyft’s specified ride targets. To refer drivers:
- Log into lyft.com from a web browser.
- Click “Driver Referrals” on the left menu.
- From there, enter your friends' email addresses to send them invites. When they click your link, they'll be guided through the application process.
- That's it! Your code will be applied to their account, and you'll be able to earn any bonuses that apply.
- 1-2 weeks after the requirements are met:
- The referred new driver will see the reward via direct deposit
- You will see the bonus via credits in your Lyft account
Bonus amounts and ride requirements may vary based on the referring passenger and the region of the referred applicant. Referring passengers can view the bonus requirements for applicants they refer in their city through the Lyft web portal. These requirements may be different if the referred applicant is in a different market than the referring passenger.
Referred applicants may receive a communication from a referring passenger with bonus requirements, however, please note that Lyft cannot control the final content of such communications and cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies that they may contain. Once a referred applicant has started their application, Lyft will send a confirmatory email to the referred applicant which will contain the relevant bonus amounts, ride requirements, and time limits needed to qualify for the bonus.
The referring passenger must:
- Be an existing Lyft passenger in good standing at the time of referred applicant’s qualification.
- Share their passenger referral code with their referrals.
The referred new driver must:
- Start their application to become a Lyft driver during the promotion.
- Input the referring passenger’s referral code in the “Promo/Referral code” field when originally applying.
- Complete the specified number of rides within 30 days of being approved as a Lyft driver. No more than two rides given to the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval are determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and are not guaranteed.
- The duration of the review process may vary.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft's Terms of Service.
- This promotion runs for a limited time only, and terms are subject to change.
- The bonus/credit amounts (if any) in effect at the time and market of the application shall apply, and can vary (for both applicant and referrer) by market.
- Credits are only valid for use on the Lyft platform and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Credits do not cover tips (they will be charged separately).
- Credits expire 1 year after issuance.
- This promotion is limited to the first 1,000 applicants. In San Diego, this promotion is limited to the first 500 applicants.