If you change your phone number, don’t create a new account. Instead, update your old account with the instructions below. Creating a new account can cause drivers to lose account and ride data (including star rating or lifetime ride count).
Already logged in?
If you are already logged into the app:
- Tap ‘Settings’
- Tap on your existing phone number
- Type in your new phone number
- Don’t forget to save!
Have a new phone number?
If you created your account with a phone number, you can change your phone number with our account recovery feature. Note: this is only possible if your e-mail is verified. To verify your e-mail visit the 'Settings' tab.
Before you begin
- You need to have a verified e-mail address
- If you’re logged in, be sure to log out
- Close the app
- Open the app
- Tap ‘Get Started’
- Tap ‘Have an account and new number?’
- Enter your new phone number
- Wait for us to send you a verification code, then enter it
- Enter your verified email address
- Check your email and follow the instructions to recover your account
No verified email?
If you created your account with a phone number but don’t have a verified email, we'll update it for you. Tap 'Contact Support' below and share the following information:
- Your old phone number
- The new phone number you'd like it changed to
- A copy of your driver's license (for drivers) or state-issued photo ID (for passengers)
Note that the app won't work with voice-over internet phone (VoIP) numbers or landlines. If you aren't sure what type of phone number you have, contact your service provider or check Twilio.